The Wire Specialist is responsible for processing all outgoing and incoming wires and managing all matters related to the successful completion of wire duties within compliance standards. This position provides necessary customer support as well as support to internal team members.
The successful Wire Specialist will provide prompt, accurate service to customers and peers in processing wires. This position provides for a smooth, uninterrupted experience for bank customers and various departments within the Bank to send and receive wires.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process incoming and outgoing wires, clear all maintenance functions of wires, and attend to wires with OFAC issues.
- Some manual posting to accounts, researching of wires and customer contact is involved.
- Alternating weekly schedule 8am-5pm / 9am-6pm Eastern
- Coordinate with management for any exceptions to policies and procedures. Make recommendations for operational efficiencies and/or internal controls.
- Responsible for working within regulatory guidelines and bank policies applicable to the position’s relevant areas.
- Attend training on applicable subjects when available and appropriate for position. Complete required bank training on a timely basis.
Expected Experience, Skills and Education:
- Requires a minimum of five years’ banking experience in areas of depository services and loan operations, or an educational background that provides a level of knowledge typically gained from at least five years’ lending and deposit services experience.
- Preferred basic knowledge of FXIM – online banking system.
- Strong organizational skills required with the ability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written customer service skills.
- Mortgage banking experience preferred.
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.