Exciting opportunity to join our property management team! This is a regular, full-time position offering a competitive benefits package including employer-paid medical, dental, life/AD&D and LTD are available for employees. Coverage for dependents includes a significant employer contribution. A 403(b)-retirement plan with match is available as are voluntary benefits that include vision insurance and a flexible spending account. The generous paid leave includes three weeks of vacation to start and sick leave. There are paid holidays, including nearly two weeks of paid leave through the Christmas holidays! The organization also actively supports personal and professional development and volunteerism with paid time off for those opportunities. The starting salary range is from $18.11 - $20.82 hour 40 hours weekly. Residency in WA state is required.
The Maintenance Specialist will assist in the maintenance of property, facilities, equipment, and in maintaining the safety and security of Camp Lyle McLeod.
Girl Scouts of Western Washington values diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a welcoming, inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and gender expression of identity), marital status or the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disability, or any other protected classification under applicable laws.
- Assist in maintaining camp property, facilities and equipment in accordance with health and safety regulations, Girl Scout and American Camp Association standards, and the established maintenance plan.
- Assist in implementing capital and major maintenance projects.
- Maintain log of maintenance activities and other records as directed.
- Work with camp users, staff and volunteers in providing camp services including checking guests in and out of camp, sanitizing facilities, and providing general assistance.
- Contribute to a positive image for Girl Scouting by maintaining positive public and interpersonal relations with visitors, guests, staff, volunteers, businesses, governmental agencies and the local community.
- Assist and collaborate in a positive manner with staff and volunteers engaged in work parties or other volunteer maintenance work.
- Provide onsite, back-up maintenance and security support to designated staff, such as the Site Manager and Camp Program Staff.
- In addition to the above, performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of related experience in trade skills including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, vehicle and equipment maintenance and operation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective interaction with individuals at all levels and backgrounds
- Availability to work varied hours including some nights and weekends as necessary
- Basic Outlook, Word and Excel skills preferred in MS O365
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines, work independently, take initiative and maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to demonstrate a commitment to support and enhance the diversity and cultural and global awareness of girls and staff
- Valid Washington State driver’s license, proof of insurance, and the ability to fulfill travel requirements in a timely manner throughout Western Washington
- Satisfactory results from criminal background search
- Commitment to Girl Scout mission and willingness to maintain Girl Scout membership.
Special Working Conditions:
- Operate power tools and equipment including chainsaws, weed eaters, hedge trimmers and shop tools
- Work on ladders and roofs of various heights
- Operate tractors, lawnmowers and boats
- Work in cramped spaces
- Year-round outdoor work
- Lift objects up to 50 lbs
- Physical stamina to work throughout camp, including rough terrain and extensive hills
- Work safely with paints, sealers, solvents, etc.
- Must be fully vaccinated
About Girl Scouts of Western Washington In addition to our headquarters, we operate field offices located in Bremerton, Everett, and Longview as well as seven camp properties: Camp Lyle Mcleod and Camp St. Albans near Belfair, Camp Robbinswold on the Hood Canal, Camp Evergreen near Longview, Camp Klahanee near Hoquiam and Camp River Ranch, near Carnation, and Camp Towhee in Sumas. An Equal Opportunity Employer