Doing retail better. This mantra has guided NewMark Merrill over the last 40 years: through changes, challenges, varied economic and industry disruption. We hold true to our core beliefs of connecting with communities, creating authentic environments of unsurpassed opportunity for merchants and sharing our passion for retail real estate with innovative team members.
With offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego and Chicago, NewMark Merrill owns and manages more than 10 million square feet of retail assets comprised of over 2,000 tenants across 80 cities.
As a boutique-sized firm, we offer both the benefit of large portfolio economies of scale paired with agile decision-making capability and individualized attention from senior leadership.
By combining close relationships with communities, hands-on engagement with our merchants and shoppers, and industry leading investments in technology and data collection, we provide the insights that help ensure our tenants have the tools to succeed in our centers.
The combination of understanding the communities we serve, and world class technology allows us to maximize value and create exceptional experiences that convert visitors into loyal customers.
Our people are what make NewMark Merrill the successful and innovative company it has become. With an unwavering commitment to the success of our partners, the communities we serve and the development of our people, we have created an authentic and proactive culture that sets NewMark Merrill apart.
We’re looking for a positive, solutions-focused individual to handle the day-to-day management of our IT needs across multiple sites. The ideal candidate will provide end-users prompt and effective support and manage hardware and software resources.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides remote and on-site basic support and troubleshooting for desktops, laptops and cellular phones.
- Handles administration such as password resets, printer configurations, break/fix instructions and ticket routing.
- Performs installations, replacements, upgrades, and other hardware/software related tasks.
- Escalates issues to external IT support as appropriate.
- Manages the support queue to ensure issues are prioritized based on business needs and follows up to ensure all issues are successfully resolved.
- Maintains user account information including access, permissions, and systems groups, and performs all system administration functions.
- Provides necessary user training on network and desktop applications.
- Provides proactive assistance with the setup, testing, and monitoring of high-priority virtual and in-person meetings to ensure there are no issues.
- Creates and monitors the IT budget and is responsible for processing all IT related invoices.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and configuration documentation on personal computers and software inventory and licensing records for personal computers.
- Responsible for new hire onboarding including, but not limited to equipment setup, configuration, preparation and shipping. Retrieves hardware from departing staff.
- Creates and maintains documentation for all routinely performed tasks.
- As needed off-hours work, remote and on-site, to meet business needs.
- Occasional travel to satellite offices is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2+ years of IT support experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows OS (though Windows10), Servers (physical and virtual running VMWarehost). Reasonable familiarity with MS SQL Server, IIS, MS Office and other software packages. Experience with AVID and MRI a plus.
- Microsoft, Cisco, and/or other certifications helpful but not required.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment with a focus on resolving issues and problems quickly with great attention to detail.
- Very strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills, but with the judgement to know when to ask for help.
- Customer service driven with strong communication skills, the ability to work well independently as well as within a team and the ability to be adaptable to the changing needs of the business.
- Upbeat and positive, with strong collaboration skills and a willingness to be a team player. Driven to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can.