The Chief Deposit Officer (CDO) drives the Bank’s overall deposit function and oversees deposit production, including treasury management. The CDO is ultimately responsible for ensuring deposit production aligns with the Bank’s strategic plan and the deposit client experience aligns with Tradition Capital Bank Experience (TCBX).
- Results: Leads deposit team to consistently achieve results, meeting or exceeding deposit production goals and metrics as outlined in the Bank’s strategic plan.
- Deposit Production Strategy: Strategically positions the Bank through identifying and pursuing competitive products and services. Maintains awareness of market conditions to determine the funding and pricing strategy for the Bank. Develops an approach for consistently increasing revenue through deposit functions (service charges, swipe fees, waived account review, etc.). Accountable for aligning deposit production resources to implement strategies developed in collaboration with the Chief Revenue Officer to maximize deposits, within guidelines approved by the Board of Directors.
- Leadership, Management & Accountability (LMA): Leads, manages and holds deposit production staff accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments and demonstrating a One Team mentality. Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, client service, focus, simplicity and clarity. Maintains a strong leadership presence, motivating staff and building commitment to the Bank’s priorities and direction.
- Collaboration: Demonstrates skillful leadership that integrates and aligns internal teams to deliver an exceptional client experience. Develops relationships within and across teams to collaboratively achieve goals. Encourages teams to identify and collaboratively act on opportunities to deliver a defect free, timely and caring client experience.
- Relationship Management: While team leadership is first priority, the CDO manages a select portfolio of clients and prospects. Responsible for the management of that portfolio through the delivery of exceptional client service.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, G.S.D (Get Stuff Done), One Team, and Give Generously
- Demonstrated commitment to defect free, timely and caring client service
- A professional who builds solid relationships based on integrity and trust
- Able to hold others accountable for their actions
- Self-motivated and persistent in following through
- Knowledgeable of bank policies, procedures, and regulations
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative work style and respect for others
- Demonstrated self-motivation and resourceful work ethic
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University with emphasis on business or finance; minimum 10 years’ experience in banking and 5 years of leadership experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Some travel between offices is required.
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tradition Capital Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, and related disabilities; marital status; status with regard to public assistance; disability; genetic information; sexual orientation, off duty usage of lawful products; familial status; status as a patient enrolled in the marijuana registry program; membership or activity in a local commission; citizenship status; uniform servicemember status; and age; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.