Are you a self-motivated and highly resourceful person who is capable of dominating the markets we serve? Do innovation, information, and teamwork excite you? Are you an avid learner who is always looking to improve?
TOK is seeking a Storage Specialist (onsite at facility in Meridian) who will be responsible for the day to day operations of the storage facility. The Storage Specialist will be the first point of contact via phone, in-person, or via email and will provide legendary customer service to existing and potential renters.
Who We Are:
- Locally and independently owned company founded in 1991.
- The leading commercial real estate firm in Idaho.
- Voted by our employees as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for eleven (11!) consecutive years.
As a Storage Specialist, a typical day includes performing these essential duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure the facility is open posted hours each business day.
- Manage multi-line phone and message system and welcome all visitors.
- Respond to emails and web inquires in a timely manner.
- Manage any marketing activities as directed by the Property Manager, including advertising and social media.
- Maintain accurate records of renter’s payments and available inventory by using the on-site storage software.
- Report to the Property Manager on any maintenance needed at the facility, including parking areas, sidewalks, and landscaping.
- Perform general and light maintenance at facility to include light janitorial.
- Oversee any on-site vendor visits and work including maintenance and cleaning crews.
- Call on and collect delinquent accounts.
- Flexibility to work at additional storage locations as needed.
- Reliable and predictable attendance required.
- Other administrative support duties as assigned.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities needed to succeed:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of relative customer service experience required. Past work experience in a storage facility advantageous.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers about product offerings and provide alternative solutions to customer requests.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally, as well as in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate reliable and predictable attendance required.
- Demonstrate proficient skill in the use of office equipment.
- Demonstrate proficient skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional relationships with customers and staff while providing high levels of service by responding to issues, requests or concerns in a timely manner.
- Ability to remain professional while occasionally working in stressful situations.
Essential physical abilities required:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and team members, as well as be able to interpret instructions and exchange accurate information.
- Must have sufficient visual and mental perception, which allows the employee to comprehend written work requirements, and determine necessary actions required to meet the finished product standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds as well as walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and work indoors or outdoors that may require exposure to inclement weather.
- Must be able to move, transport, install, and remove equipment in various situations.
- Must be able to occasionally ascent/descend on a ladder to help perform any necessary maintenance beyond a certain height.