PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park, Chicago, Naperville, IL and Sarasota, FL. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 127th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 12 years.
The Internal Accounting Supervisor will report to the firm’s Controller and will be responsible for certain recurring activities to support the monthly accounting, closing and reporting of information for multiple business entities. The Internal Accounting Supervisor will be a key member of the firm’s Internal Accounting Department and oversee some essential functions.
Essential Job Functions:
· Complete bank reconciliations for all firm accounts
· Maintain and balance all cash accounts daily
· Monthly reconciliation and entry of all insurance and benefit billing
· Assist the Controller with journal entries and updating monthly workpapers
· Assist the Controller with preparation of the monthly financial statements, including budget and variance analysis and key operating metrics
· Preparation, review and posting of monthly client billing
· Miscellaneous duties as assigned and serve as backup for other Internal Accounting team members as needed
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting, Business or Finance
· 3-5 years of related experience in bookkeeping/accounting roles
· Detail oriented
· Problem solver
· Ability to regularly meet deadlines
· Excellent computer literacy with strong Microsoft skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook & Teams
· Prior experience using cloud-based accounting software (Sage Intacct, QuickBooks, Bill.com)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all members of the firm
· Valid Drivers License
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.