The Manager of Digital Marketing (MoDM) is responsible for the day-to-day management of the agency’s paid digital marketing services and Paid Digital Marketing team. This position will help drive the agency by providing support and direction to the Paid Digital Marketing team on client campaigns. The Manager of Digital Marketing has at least 1 year of supervisory experience and is effective at developing and motivating a team. This person will be responsible for assuring consistency in the paid digital marketing services we provide to our clients and will actively research and identify new opportunities for innovation. This person will have excellent time management skills, and the innate ability to react to situations and problem-solve in real-time.
- Understand how our Paid Digital Marketing teams meet client needs and help manage priorities, tasks and projects to meet those client needs; identify and implement best practices.
- Train and onboard new employees and provide ongoing training and development to employee roster
- Act as a resource to help problem solve and answer technical questions from all departments
- Work closely with the Manager of Account Services to provide project and account support, helping to encourage confidence in agency performance.
- Fosters a strong relationship between Paid Digital Marketing team and Account Management, Analytics, and Creative, ensuring our clients get the best experience and results.
- Participate in weekly Account Meetings to monitor campaign performance and identify opportunities for campaign improvements and innovation, as needed based on the autonomy of the employee
- Review existing campaigns to ensure accuracy, including bidding strategies, budgets, links, comments, conversions, etc and implement efficiencies across team where possible
- Work with the Digital Marketing leadership to implement new digital marketing technology and methodology.
- Oversee effective process implementation between ad team and other disciplines.
- Stay up-to-date on digital marketing trends, help identify future digital marketing opportunities for clients
- Stays informed of general company goals and how they apply to projects.
- Schedule and facilitate monthly check-ins with the team to analyze campaigns.
- Foster a productive and empowering working culture with fellow managers.
The qualifications we look for in a talented Manager of Digital Marketing:
- 2+ years experience running and optimizing digital marketing campaigns (i.e. Google Ads, Facebook, etc.) required
- 3+ years working experience in digital marketing required
- 1+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Passion for all things paid digital marketing (technology, analytics, and creative)
- Experience in growing, managing, and inspiring internal teams; strong leadership and organizational skills must be complemented by relationship building management style
- Ability to develop, motivate, and engage high-performance teams and work cross-functionally
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required
- Agency experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (for example: Google Analytics)
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and setting up conversions a plus
- Utmost attention to detail