Come work for Meridian at our facility in Teterboro, New Jersey!
Meridian has a proud history dating back over 75 years. Over the decades, our dedication to putting safety first and providing exceptional customer service has become the cornerstone of our culture. Meridian is proud to have earned numerous industry awards and accolades for our high safety standards and outstanding service, which is only possible because of the great people that work here.
At Meridian, we are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who understand that their actions will leave a lasting impression upon our customers and the reputation of our company.
Meridian's Customer Service Assistants (CSA) assist our customers and clients with their service requests in a professional and friendly manner. We are currently hiring to cover the following schedule: Sunday (10 am to 6 pm) and Monday through Thursday (5 am to 1:30 pm). Pay starts at $17.00 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and provide services to pilots and passengers in a timely manner
- Arrange catering, ice, newspapers and other requests (i.e. dishwashing, laundry and flowers) for arriving and departing crews and passengers
- Keep the coffee island clean, neat and properly stocked throughout your shift
- Assist passengers with luggage at all times on the ramp and street side
- Ensure the kitchen is properly stocked and maintained
- Provide courtesy runs to hotel, both drop offs and pick-ups; valid driver license required
- Meet arriving and departing aircraft on the ramp
- Maintain and keep lobby neat and clean; Empty garbage bins when needed
- Maintain customer vans and ensure they are fueled and cleaned before the end of every shift
- Work as part of a team in stressful situations; maintain composure and sense of humor in the face of heavy workload and constant interruptions
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for complying with and participating in Meridian’s Safety Management System and OSHA training and program
- This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing
- Always maintain a clean and neat appearance. Follow department dress code policy.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Zero to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be resourceful and highly constructive in dealing with new situations
- Must be able to work well without supervision, take initiative and work well as a team
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and social manner with all levels of customers and staff
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form
- Basic computer skills required
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use the hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms: climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by the position include: close vision, distance vision, color vison, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. Equal opportunity is afforded to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.