Direct Support Professionals (DSP) encourage people to experience various activities in community-based locations and to explore all that is available in your local area. As a DSP, you will be able to share your passions and talents with another person and provide person-centered support so that the people you are working with can live, work, and enjoy life as independently as possible in their community. This particular role is based in Anne Arundel County.
Salary: $15.25- $15.93 per hour (based upon experience)
Schedule: M-F 8am-2pm
- Participate in the development and implementation of Individual Plan (IP), personal plan or an alternative framework or individual teaching plan.
- Assists people supported to meet physical (e.g., health, grooming, toileting, eating) and personal management needs (e.g., human development, human sexuality), by teaching skills, providing supports, and building on individual strengths and capabilities that will lead to increased independence.
- Contribute as a part of a PCI team, building companionship and community, facilitating supports, developing activities that have value to the person.
- Explores vocational interests and aptitudes, assists in preparing for job or school entry, and reviews opportunities for continued career growth.
- Educates people receiving supports, co-workers and community members about issues by providing information and support.
Benefits for You in this Role:
Medical (company contribution 65%-95% toward cost of coverage; plans starting as low as $18 monthly!)
Dental (company contribution 40%-43% toward cost of plans)
Vision (company contribution 32% towards cost of all plans)
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability (company paid)
Term life insurance and AD&D up to 10k (company paid)
Optional Life and AD&D plans
401k (5% company match)
Tuition Assistance Program
Paid Time Off
Inclement Weather Pay
A full job description is available upon request.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Valid driver's license ; NOT provisional
- Ability/willingness to transport people in personal and/or company vehicle
- High school diploma/GED
- Computer skills