The People Operations Coordinator provides administrative support to the employees of Downtown Dallas, Inc. and runs the daily functions of the People Operations department including recruiting, benefits, leave management, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
• Conducts or acquires background checks and employment eligibility verifications.
• Facilitates new hire orientation as needed.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to benefits, leave management, productivity, recognition and morale, occupational health and safety, and training and development.
• Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Supports the People Operations Manager with workers’ compensation processes and coordinates to ensure adherence to OSHA and workers’ compensation laws.
• Assists with FMLA, STD, LTD, workers compensation absences, and all other leaves.
• Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
• Demonstrates a high level of integrity and ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• BA/BS degree in related field
• Minimum of 2-3 years of progressive, relevant work experience.
• Proficient working knowledge and application of employment law pertaining to HR compliance.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidential information and department integrity.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent time management skills with proven abilities to meet deadlines.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Cultivates opportunities through diverse people; respects and relates well to people from varied backgrounds, understands diverse worldviews, and is sensitive to group differences; sees diversity as an opportunity, challenges bias and intolerance.
• Is committed to developing professionally, attends professional conferences, focuses on best practices, values cutting-edge practices and approaches; takes advantage of a variety of learning activities, introduces newly gained knowledge and skills on the job.
• Proficient computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Experience with HRIS database/software preferably Paylocity or the ability to quickly learn the HRIS system