PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking a full time Dental Lab Technician with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide dental prosthesis fabrication and repair services utilizing professional journeyman level laboratory techniques.
- Perform full range of tasks required to design, fabricate and repair dental appliances in a timely manner.
- Maintain daily accurate computer log entries for work performed.
- Perform proper cleaning and disinfecting procedures during and after a scheduled shift.
- Fabricate full or partial dentures and ortho appliances, crowns, bridges and night guards.
- Shape and fabricate dental appliances with grinding, polishing tools and proper equipment.
- Consult with dentists to resolve problems with prescription specifications.
- Check inventory weekly and order materials and supplies as needed.Work together as a team, with other Dental Lab staff members, to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Work together as a team, with other Dental Lab staff members, to complete projects in a timely manner.
- When staffing shortage is noticed, notify supervisor immediately (same or next day) so that work flow can be adjusted to avoid negatively impacting deadlines and patient care.
- Able to read and comprehend dentist’s prescriptions and instructions.