Job Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: Director of Advancement Services
Amount of Travel Required: None
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Positions Supervised: None
The role of the Advancement Services Coordinator is to provide strategic and tactical support to the Benedictine College Advancement team and other areas of the College. The ASC will possess strong analytical and data interpretation skills; be detail-oriented, persistent, and self-motivated in applying research and analytical abilities in meaningful ways to support the college’s fundraising goals.
- Increase overall efficiency by gaining a working knowledge and level of expertise of all Raiser’s Edge components and provide training to key staff for utilization.
- Provides database and administrative support in the daily operation of the Advancement Office
- Addition or subtraction of constituents
- Database record clean-up and updates
- Generation of mailing lists
- Development of complex queries, exports and reports
- Make other changes to Raiser’s Edge database
- Work with other databases and software such as Anthology Encompass, PeopleGrove, MarketSmart, and other software utilized by Benedictine College.
- Verifies and edits input data to ensure accuracy
- Designs and runs queries and reports from RE as requested by Advancement Staff
- Assists in gift processing as needed
- Runs monthly pledge reminders/invoices for payment
- Provides necessary support of fundraising activities, including managing databases, merging form letters, preparing mailings, maintaining files, handling general correspondence, providing statistical reports, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Assisting with Alumni and Advancement events
DEPARTMENTAL EXPECTATION OF EMPLOYEE:
- Adheres to Advancement/Donor Services policies and procedures
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Abides by internal and external codes of ethics and confidentiality with regards to information maintained by Advancement
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Performs work with consistency, accuracy, responsiveness
- Takes ownership of assigned duties, projects and goals
- Demonstrates adaptability to change, and initiates or identifies change when necessary
- Continually maintains a detailed level of knowledge of best practices in data management, training, and reporting environments among peer and other institutions
- Communicates effectively and regularly with director and co-workers about Advancement issues
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of, and experience with Raiser’s Edge database software and Omatic software is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Systems Analyst, Computer Science, or related field
- Two or more years of experience with relational database management systems
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices preferred
- Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously while having the ability to shift work seamlessly when priorities change
Handling / Fingering O
Reach Outward O
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel N
Push / Pull
12 lbs or less O
13-25 lbs N
26-40 lbs N
41-100 lbs N
10 lbs or less O
11-20 lbs N
21-50 lbs N
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)