The Business Analyst’s role is to design, develop, and support efficient business and operations integration systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The Business Analyst is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
In addition, this role may provide support to the Quality team when needed to support projected GO-LIVEs, Proof of Concepts, and other objectives the business deems necessary to deliver a quality product to its customers.
Strategy & Planning
• Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve system and integration issues.
• Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
• A self-starter willing to find ways to improve, forge, and develop process, products, and reporting.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new features, applications, enhancements, and products to existing integration solutions.
• Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support
• Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across the organization.
• Create system design proposals.
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
• Design tools and features compatibility and interoperability of computing systems.
• Create systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
• Coordinate and qualify in-depth Test-Driven Development (TDD), including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
• Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
Knowledge & Experience
• Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products. Including specific healthcare integration technologies such as API, HL7, HIE, MDM, eMPI, Etc.
• Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
• Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database (on prem and cloud), healthcare PM and EHR software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Logical and efficient.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• The Business Analyst will have a bachelor’s degree and 8 years of Business Analysis experience or an associate degree and 10 years of experience, or 15 years of experience.