PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking two (2) Full Spectrum Family Medicine Physician.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide professional health care services to PTHA patients primarily in an ambulatory setting. Provide training, support and supervision of medical residents and students as required.
- Evaluate, diagnose, and treat medical, obstetric, psychiatric, and surgical diseases and emergencies as credentialed and privilege, at PTHA and other designated facilities as assigned.
- Oversee the medical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients by other medical professionals including precepting midlevel providers as needed.
- Perform histories, physicals, and direct the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of PTHA patients in local hospitals including participation in rounding schedule. Rounding only.
- Make referrals to specialists as per PTHA protocol and follow-up to assure quality care.
- Provide on-site health education and counseling to patients and staff.
- Participate in after-hours on-call duty as scheduled.
- Provide back-up consultation to other on-call PTHA providers as scheduled.
- Participate in Peer Review process, utilization review studies and quality improvement committee as assigned.
- Responsible for completing charts thoroughly and accurately, within required time frame.
- Responsible for meeting reporting requirements of the organization as directed.
- Serve as preceptor for medical residents and students, and part-time teaching faculty for the PTFM Residency Program. Provide support for the PTHA educational mission, values and goals.
- Maintain and demonstrate professionalism and self-care techniques on an ongoing basis within the work place.
- Serve as clinical adjunct faculty for area medical schools as available.
- Attends and participates in annual mandatory trainings.