PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking a full time Medical Lab Technician.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide medical laboratory testing and analysis services utilizing professional level laboratory techniques.
- Accurately performs routine and specialized laboratory tests and maintains accurate records of test processes and results, according to department guidelines.
- Accurately utilizes and is knowledgeable of medical lab science, materials, equipment, procedures and techniques.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate samples, cultures, and techniques to assure the highest level of quality control in testing.
- Efficiently and skillfully performs phlebotomy techniques to ensure sample integrity.
- Performs daily, weekly and/or monthly maintenance of laboratory, equipment and supplies and adheres to quality control procedures and standards.
- Able to read and comprehend medical terminology and instructions.
- Accurately utilizes and is proficient in using multiple computer systems within department.
- Completes continuing education courses as required to maintain certification.
- Works independently, is self-directed and is able to multitask efficiently to complete assigned work within established deadline.
- Assists with training new employees and/or students in departmental processes, procedures, theoretical and operational functions and provides effective feedback on a daily, weekly or as needed basis.
- Uses independent judgment to evaluate, release and report patient results, as soon as reasonably possible, within the scope of established testing methods.
- Consult with physicians and other medical professionals when necessary.
- Order and inventory lab materials and supplies as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduate of a NAACLS accredited Medical Lab Technician (MLT) program or successful completion of a 50 week military MLT program
- Must apply for a Medical Assistant (MA) Phlebotomist Certification with the State of WA within the first month of hire and obtain active status within four months.
- Experience and/or ability to work with electronic health record systems
- Current BLS certification
Medical Lab Technician I: MLT certification or ability to obtain certification within one year of hire and successful completion of a six month laboratory clinical rotation, performing moderate to high complexity testing, within the last 24 months.
Medical Lab Technician II: MLT certification or ability to obtain certification within one year of hire and two years’ medical lab generalist experience (within last four years), performing moderate to high complexity testing in a clinical laboratory setting.
POSITION CLOSES: Open Until Filled