PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking a full time Co-Occurring Addictions Counselor with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide individual, group and family educational mental health and addictions counseling services to clients of PTHA.
- Manage caseload of clients with mental health, substance use, problem gambling and/or other addictions and provide outpatient and intensive outpatient one-on-one, family and group counseling prevention, intervention, education and treatment services for youth and/or adults, using approved curriculum and treatment modalities.
- Perform comprehensive assessment and screening of clients using approved methods.
- Develop individualized treatment plans, treatment plan reviews and discharge plans, pursuant to ASAM, WAC, and other accreditation standards.
- Complete all documentation on the date of service and submit client status reports by the 10th of each month to requesting agencies.
- Accurately and efficiently enters and updates patient information using the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
- Refer patients to internal and external resources as needed and monitor activities and progress.
- Ensure quality standards are met as required by regulating bodies and accrediting agencies.
- Interact and correspond by phone, in-person, and in writing with requesting agencies and others as required and ensure requests are addressed within two business days.
- Develop effective internal and external professional working relationships to enhance and ensure effective client services and to meet project goals/deadlines.
- Plan, organize and participate in various department, organization, community, and school related activities, process improvement, program development and other initiatives, for the purposes of providing education, outreach, prevention and intervention services.
- Ensure all projects, activities and timelines are accurately documented in an electronic report and provided to the Supervisor on a monthly basis or more often if directed.
- Create, design and implement event related marketing materials and media communications within branding guidelines such as: invitations, newsletters, flyers, articles and other promotional/public awareness materials by the given deadline and present to Supervisor for approval.
- Maintain professional certifications and stay current on counseling techniques and practices including mental health, substance use, and problem gambling.
- Actively promote healthy lifestyle options in the community.
- Follow and adhere to all policies and procedures of offsite agencies and collaborates with agency staff as necessary to effectively and efficiently meet program requirements.
- Attends and participates in annual mandatory trainings
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or related field
- Two years’ experience, within the last 48 months, providing addictions, alcohol and chemical dependency counseling
- Must have State or National certification as a Certified Problem Gambling Counselor or must obtain certification within two years of hire
- Must have current and valid WA State Driver’s License
- Current BLS certification
- Experience and/or ability to work with electronic health records/practice management systems
Addictions Counselor/Co-Occurring – In addition to the minimum requirements, must have dual licensure required in Mental Health and Chemical Dependency. At a minimum, must have full licensure in either specialty, with trainee/associate license in second specialist, working towards full licensure within 12 months of hire. For example, either a CDP Trainee with full Mental Health licensure or a full CDP certification with Mental Health Associate license. Mental Health license/associate license can include: Mental Health, Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist or Clinical Social Worker
POSITION CLOSES: Open Until Filled