Providence Center is seeking a Driver to join our team! We have an opening available immediately in our Arnold location. If you have a positive attitude, a passion for helping adults with differing abilities, and enjoy being on the road then this position may be a great fit for you! Qualified candidates for the Driver role are good listeners, aware of their surroundings on and off the road, comfortable taking initiative, able to work alone, adventurous, enjoy networking, and are team-players. Drivers will be operating a passenger van, bus or other company vehicle.
Job Type: Shifts Vary
Salary: $16.00 per hour or more
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspecting vehicle (using pre-trip) for mechanical safety before beginning route.
- Assisting passengers as they enter and leave the vehicle.
- Cleaning the interior and exterior of vehicle on a daily basis.
- Being responsible for obeying all traffic laws as well as understanding and complying with PCI policies and procedures.
- Maintaining appropriate documentation of mileage records, inspections information, etc.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license. A CDL license is desirable but not required.
- The ability to perform written documentation and the knowledge or desire to learn the principles surrounding persons with developmental disabilities is required.
- Excellent human relations and communication skills to maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with both staff and people we support
- Must be able to work in an environment that includes but is not limited to: inclement weather, excessive noise, intermittent fumes, smoke or gases, grease and oils
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills and be able to use Providence Center’s database system for required documentation entries.
Benefits for Full Time Employees (30 to 40 hours per week)
- Medical (Company Contribution of 65%-95% toward cost of coverage; plans starting as low as $18 monthly!)
- Dental (Company Contribution of 40%-43% toward cost of plans)
- Vision (Company Contribution of 32% towards cost of all plans)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (Company Paid)
- Term life insurance and AD&D up to 10k (Company Paid)
- Optional Life and AD&D plans
- Tuition Assistance
- Career Paths
- Mileage Reimbursement
- 401k (5% company match)
- Paid Time Off
- Inclement Weather Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Pet Discounts/Insurance