Essentia, Inc. is not a “set-it-and-forget-it” type of organization. On the contrary, we’ve left the launchpad — and the view changes every day (Spoiler alert: it gets better and better). As a dynamic, high-growth company, we’re constantly calibrating and recalibrating financial models to accommodate our trajectory and guide our ascent. That’s exactly why we need a dynamic individual to fill the role of Project Controller — someone who nails the numbers, aces the analysis, and then asks, “What’s next?” Here, new problems to solve emerge every day — as do opportunities. If this is the type of environment where you thrive, Essentia could be next.
What We Are Looking For
The Project Controller will be responsible for financial planning, forecasting, analyzing, participating in the monthly closing process, and reporting. They will also support the financial needs of the organization by working collaboratively with various departments to provide information and business insight.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert skills with Microsoft Office (Excel formulas and pivot tables)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Experience with Sage Intacct
- Ability to query and organize from multiple sources and platforms
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to think and function tactically and strategically
- Ability to take initiative and seek additional training or direction as needed
- Desire to focus on process improvement
- Experience in telecom, cable, critical infrastructure, or related field preferred
- Charlotte, N.C. location preferred
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide financial leadership on all projects; establish accounting and internal control systems, practices, and procedures.
- Work with department leaders to build annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Analyze financial and operational results to better understand company performance.
- Develop and implement tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance.
- Communicate to senior management the reasons behind the project/department performance and results.
- Review operations and recommend new productivity or cost saving initiatives.
- Review existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement efforts.
- Communicate results and recommendations to senior management for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation, and streamlining operations.
- Maintain customer qualification packages and onboard new customers.
- Maintain compliance with jurisdictional and trade licenses as required.
- Provide financial results, trend analyses, and insights to business unit leaders including the explanation of variances as compared to plan or historical results.
- Work with programmers and other department leads to develop efficient data collection and conversion processes.
- Learn the business systems and serve as liaison for the organization from an accounting perspective.
- Manage the procurement process including sourcing, onboarding, and contract management.
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is top priority to retain the best ‘A’ players in the game. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- BCBS medical plans with Blue Connect Wellness program
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- Pet Insurance discount
- 8 paid holidays and 12 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, and will include a meeting with the CFO, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program.