Are you a person who loves helping others to achieve their goals? Do you enjoy working in the community instead of behind a desk? BuildAbility’s mission is to create the space for individuals with disabilities to consider a life without limitations, then help them take the steps needed to make that life a possibility.
We are looking for ILS Instructors to support clients enrolled in our Independent Living Services Program. The ILS Instructor works directly with the client in the client's home or community to assist them with maintaining/developing the skills necessary for the client to live independently. This is a great opportunity for anyone seeking 30-40 hours per week and also for job seekers who only want to work part-time evenings and weekends.
Working at BuildAbility
- Dedication to Diversity, Anti-Racism & Inclusion
- Opportunity to positively impact the lives of others
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (full-time employees)
- Paid vacation starting at 2 weeks per year (full-time employees)
- Paid sick leave
- 11 paid holidays per year (full-time employees)
- Mileage Reimbursement & Cell Phone Stipend
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Overview of ILS Instructor Position
- Assists clients in their home with tasks such as budgeting, meal planning, hygiene practices, and activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Provides opportunities for the client to develop socialization/interpersonal communication skills and practice self-regulation/coping techniques
- Provides hands-on training, observation, and evaluation of the client's household tasks to help them improve
- Advocates for client's inclusion in the community and empowers client to exercise their rights
- Use BuildAbility’s digital program to log the individual’s progress and performance
Benefits (Full-Time Staff)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Starting at $15.50+/hour depending upon prior experience and other qualifications
- Monday to Sunday
- Day shift and Evening shift
- Multiple locations
Overview of Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Prior experience supporting individuals with disabilities is preferred but not required-if you don’t have experience, we will provide on-the-job training. Some of our best staff did not have experience prior to being hired at BuildAbility!
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with individuals with disabilities, their family members, employers, and others in a positive and constructive manner
- Optimistic attitude and ability to give encouraging verbal feedback regularly
- Must pass pre-employment background check
- Valid California Driver’s License and proof of automobile insurance
- Reliable Smart Phone and willingness to download work-related applications
- COVID-19 Update: BuildAbility’s Vaccine Policy requires that all new and existing employees provide proof of full vaccination (+ Booster Shot) or submit a request for accommodation based upon a medical condition or deeply held religious belief.