Are you a person who loves helping others to achieve their goals? Do you enjoy working in the community instead of behind a desk? BuildAbility’s mission is to create the space for individuals with disabilities to consider a life without limitations, then help them take the steps needed to make that life a possibility.
We are looking for job coaches to help clients succeed at their places of employment. This is a great opportunity for anyone seeking 30-40 hours per week and also for job seekers who only want to work part-time evenings and weekends.
Working at BuildAbility
- Dedication to Diversity, Anti-Racism & Inclusion
- Opportunity to positively impact the lives of others
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (full-time employees)
- Paid vacation starting at 2 weeks per year (full-time employees)
- Paid sick leave
- 11 paid holidays per year (full-time employees)
- Mileage Reimbursement & Cell Phone Stipend
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Overview of Job Coach Position
- Assists individuals at their workplace to complete tasks successfully
- Help the individual adjust to the workplace culture and help them to understand the workplace polices
- Provide hands-on training, observation, and evaluation of the individual’s work tasks to help them improve
- Develop a relationship with workplace supervisors to gain feedback on the individual’s performance and to help create a workplace environment that will maximize the individual’s success
- Use BuildAbility’s digital program to log the individual’s progress and performance
Benefits (Full-Time Staff)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Starting at $15.50+/hour depending upon prior experience and other qualifications
- Monday to Sunday
- Day shift and Evening shift
- Multiple Locations
Overview of Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Prior experience supporting individuals with disabilities is preferred but not required-if you don’t have experience, we will provide on-the-job training. Some of our best staff did not have experience prior to being hired at BuildAbility!
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with individuals with disabilities, their family members, employers, and others in a positive and constructive manner
- Optimistic attitude and ability to give encouraging verbal feedback regularly
- Must pass pre-employment background check
- Valid California Driver’s License and proof of automobile insurance
- Reliable Smart Phone and willingness to download work-related applications
- COVID-19 Update: BuildAbility’s Vaccine Policy requires that all new and existing employees provide proof of full vaccination (+ Booster Shot) or submit a request for accommodation based upon a medical condition or deeply held religious belief.