Are you good at organizing projects and communicating with diverse groups of people? Can you listen to the perspectives of many and synthesize them into the best possible outcome? Can you multi-task juggle various projects at the same time? If you have the ability to accomplish all of those things, then the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has the job for you.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals and is seeking a full-time Manager, Special Interest Groups to work with the administrative operations of the Academy’s professional special interest groups. In this role, the Manager will advise, and consult with volunteer leaders, officers and members to foster community engagement and facilitate professional development for multiple groups.
· Manage and direct a full range of projects, including, but not limited to: researching and analyzing projects for financial and procedural impact, assisting with budget development, goal planning, conflict resolution, , editing publications, membership eblasts, websites and correspondences, facilitating meetings and advising on contracts and agreements.
· Provide strategic planning support and track pertinent information and guidelines. Support DPG/MIGs in goal setting, tracking outcomes, and managing member feedback.
· Direct communication and correspondences for and from DPG/MIG executive committees and volunteer leaders.
· Foster community engagement with members through the use of eblasts, social media, discussion boards, and DPG/MIG webpages. Facilitate virtual educational events for members.
· Work with Sr. Director to provide recommendations and insight into the DPG/MIG program’s policies, processes and goals. Collaborate with the staff team to foster membership growth and sustainability of DPG/MIG success.
· Lead DPG/MIG volunteer leaders to achieve their responsibilities, including but not limited to, budget management, election/nominations processes, educational program development, virtual events and webinars, newsletter publications, eblast communications, workshops etc.
· Work with varying cultures, demographics and areas of practice. Support an inclusive environment for volunteer leaders to work together.
Collaborate with internal staff on programming and alignment of projects with the Academy’s Strategic Plan
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
· 3-5 years of relevant job experience required. Ideal candidate will have experience working with association, non-profit or volunteer groups. Must have experience with component relations, chapters or special interests.
· An ability to work with diverse people and groups.
· A “member first” approach, strong listening skills and the ability to manage and complete projects. Strong communication, volunteer and project management skills are necessary.
· A background in healthcare, food or nutrition is advantageous but not required.
· Some travel required. (pending current safety guidelines)
The Academy offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, long term disability, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy’s office is conveniently located near public transportation: three major Metra train stations (Union, LaSalle and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.