About the Team
The Research team is responsible for processing a wide variety of criminal and civil products using computer/web-based systems. We provide clients with important and confidential criminal record data both quickly and with the highest level of accuracy in order for our clients to make the most well-informed hiring decisions. The Team works in a fast-paced and results-driven environment, but even with the high demand of our daily workload we still manage to have fun doing what we do. The Research team is the heart of the company, and the knowledge that can be gained from this position has proved time and time again to foster significant potential for growth within the company.
Asurint is building the leading technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Our proprietary platforms and technologies create comprehensive background screening services that meet the needs of businesses and government entities. Our efficient turnaround time, accuracy, pricing, and compliance distinguish us as leaders in the market. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Supervisor Research Team is responsible for the supervision of Record Researchers and/or Criminal Record Processors who process products related to pre-employment background applications that includes but is not limited to MVRs, civil court cases, criminal case and registry, drug testing and OFAC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, clients, and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, hires, and manages performance to organization goals and expectations.
- Manages budgets and resources effectively and efficiently; knows and understands organization’s financial position.
- Manages vendors and outside service providers effectively; sets expectations and holds them accountable.
- Validates submitted information on case applications.
- Assists Record Researchers and/or Criminal Record Processors with problem solving and client issues through roadblocks.
- Creates workflows and processes for client orders and makes recommendations based on client need or requirements.
- Monitors and balances workload within Criminal Research team and collaborates other members of management team to ensure optimal efficiency and quality metrics are achieved, and performance standards are achieved.
- Communicates with both internal and external clients in a friendly but professional manner.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of services we provide to better facilitate questions and provide appropriate answers.
- Monitors team KPIs ensuring that team members are progressing and maintaining standards.
- Monitors Client Relations processes to yield low cost, high quality, compliant results.
- Recommends process improvements related to quality and onboarding which results in increased operational efficiency.
- Builds strong, ongoing direct customer relationships.
- Assist with sales and customer relations, including client onboarding.
- Provides status reports as requested.
- Conducts monthly coaching and performance reviews and prepares annual assessments for Record Researchers and/or Criminal Record Processors.
- Creates development and career action plans for team members.
- Provides training to new and established team members.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert [SME] for supervised services.
- Identifies areas for improving overall team efficiency and quality.
- Other duties as required.
- Education: High School diploma or a related field is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 2 to 5 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
- Experience leading at the functional level is preferred.
- Experience with research and compliance concerns from an FCRA perspective is required.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred. Salesforce is preferred.
Hours of operations: Monday – Friday between 8am – 8pm
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
*Asurint is an EEOC Employer