Origin Teams with Modernizing Utilities to Deploy and Operate Key Business Systems. Origin offers software, services, and managed solutions that suit the modernizing utility; is steadfast in delivering the kind of trusted collaboration that utilities need; and is proven in navigating industry change smoothly and efficiently. Origin will be the #1 Service, Software and Solutions provider to the Utility Industry.
We are on the hunt for an Entry Level Technical Proposal Writer and Editor to help us win business for 2022 and beyond. You will receive training to complete Request for Proposals (RFPs) in our industry. This role can be filled by a high-energy Entry Level candidate who shows us great promise, or an experienced Proposal Writer with similar industry experience.
This is a fully-remote position (but inside the United States) with flexible hours. This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy, learn our business, and make a difference in communities around the country. We are not in a position to sponsor a visa for this role, so you must be eligible to work in the United States without any documentation from Origin.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and is subject to change as business needs change. In other words, if you are capable and willing, you can do a lot more!
- We prefer that you have a Bachelor’s degree with either a major or minor in a STEM program like CIS or Computer Science. We are open to an English or Liberal Arts major with a strong technical mindset.
- This role can be filled by a high-energy Entry Level candidate who shows us great promise, or an experienced Proposal Writer with similar industry experience. Generally, the budget will support a candidate from 0 - 10 years of experience, depending on expectations.
- You love writing! You’ve leaned toward coursework and jobs requiring writing, editing, and proof-reading, preferably around technical data or topics.
- You have a keen eye for details; every question must be answered and every field must be filled in on your bids, proposals, forms, and other submissions; every word is checked for spelling; every comma is placed perfectly.
- You have strong skills and experience in media tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite, along with MS Office products, like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- It would be a strong plus if you have experience creating proposals with AI tools or libraries.
- We would love to see a candidate with experience developing IT proposals for cities, counties, municipalities, state or federal government, utility companies, or similar entities.