The Administrative Support Specialist performs a variety of duties to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization under the direct supervision of the Headquarters Manager.
· Perform telephone reception; greet visitors, ascertain the nature of their business, ensure the completion of paperwork as necessary, and direct them to appropriate staff or resources.
· Schedule counseling assessment appointments and maintain the appointment calendar.
· Assist with filing and other document organization.
· Schedule school-based prevention programs and maintain the Google calendar.
· Open and distribute incoming mail and assist with outgoing mail.
· Accept deliveries and direct them to the appropriate staff.
· Serve as backup to other administrative personnel as needed.
· Work as a member of the PreventEd team in all areas which promote the mission and overall success of the agency.
· Perform all other related work as assigned.
· Be punctual and possess a warm friendly manner.
· A high level of both personal organization and attention to detail.
· Possess a strong work ethic, a passion for our mission, the ability to innovate and improve on existing recordkeeping systems, and the ability to develop and maintain an efficient personal workflow.
· A high level of cooperative spirit to work as a member of a team.
· Familiarity with substance use disorders is helpful but not required.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING
· High School diploma or GED.
· Strong computer skills; mastery of MS Office.
· Some knowledge of the field of substance use disorder and/or substance use prevention is desired.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
E-mail, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, data entry.
This position works primarily in an office setting at the PreventEd agency location with possible local travel in the community. Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively. The physical requirements of this job include: sitting, standing, walking, and climbing stairs on a regular basis; lifting up to 25lbs, pulling and/or pushing on occasion.