Position: Grassroots Fundraising Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Direct Marketing
Position Summary: We are seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and creative individual interested in learning more about grassroots fundraising. This individual will support the DCCC’s successful grassroots fundraising program and will play a role in SMS texting campaigns, candidate fundraising, direct mail, and telemarketing. Every day you will help chart the course in advancing the DCCC’s mission and growing our grassroots donor program.
Location: Washington, DC
- Track and assist with daily grassroots fundraising deliverables;
- Review and edit art, copy, and data for fundraising campaigns;
- Respond to donor inquiries via phone, email, and mail;
- Support department leadership in scheduling, organizing meetings, and preparing materials;
- Conduct research for creative development and copywriting;
- Work directly with other departments, outside vendors, and external partners;
- Spearhead and track special projects as needed;
- Process department invoices;
- Manage interns;
- Other duties as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to electing Democrats to the U.S. House of Representatives;
- Excellent time management, planning, troubleshooting, and communications skills;
- Must be detail-oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple projects;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Personal and professional commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability;
- Proven interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with the ability to build relationships with staff at all levels;
- Ability to demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge and skills;
- Ability to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant and productive ways.
Why You Should Work Here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with a high-quality benefits package that includes:
- More than 25 days of paid time off, including holidays, time off around holidays, vacation, and sick days.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Up to 4% retirement employer match contribution
- Monthly mobile phone stipend
- Monthly use-it-or-lose-it transit benefits for employees located in the DC region
- Opportunity to contribute at a growing, dynamic national political committee working to sustain the Democratic congressional majority to advocate on issues America care about most.
- Learn, develop and hone professional skills related to running and operating multi-dimensional political campaigns and the operating systems that support the campaigns.
- Experience working with the largest Democratic battlefield, containing numerous highly competitive campaigns in diverse districts across the nation.
- Opportunities to expand your network and engage with policy makers, political candidates, Democratic Party leaders and a diverse team of professionals and colleagues.
- Gain experience in cross-team interaction and exposure to other functions and departments within the DCCC.
- Equity and inclusion are actively integrated into decisions made at Senior Team and Department levels with regard to hiring, contracting, and political strategy
- Professional Development programming dedicated to personal and professional growth beyond the 2022 election cycle)
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy: DCCC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), religion, age, disability, actual or perceived gender identity or expression, weight, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, economic status, genetic information, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
DCCC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
DCCC’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of DCCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DCCC employee, as well as opportunities for vendors to contract with DCCC.
DCCC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse DCCC, our policy extends to both staff and vendors.