Do you enjoy working in the Paint Industry?
Do you want to work for a company that appreciates its employees and has been serving the community for over 87 years?
Do you have a knack for helping folks find solutions to their household projects?
Do you enjoy working with colors?
The Norfolk Companies may be for you!
The starting rate of pay for this position is $16.00 per hour.
We are currently seeking a full-time Paint Sales Associate for the Paint Department. Qualified candidate must be able to work the following shifts: Monday 12p-6p, Tuesday, Wednesday 6:30a- 3p, Friday 10a-6p, and Saturday 10a – 6p.
Norfolk Hardware & Home Center is seeing record customers and we are so excited to be able to provide the product & services needed to the community. Norfolk Hardware & Home Center takes pride in being the local place to shop for all your DIY needs, and we are growing our team.
Candidates will be able to:
• Work with Customers to help them select the product for their projects
• Manage tinting and mixing machines with accuracy
• Explain variety of paints & application to customers
• Apply knowledge of merchandising concepts to drive sales
• Be flexible with availability including weekends
• Navigate company POS system as well as Microsoft applications
• Organize work area and able to manage multiple priorities
• Have a good aptitude with numbers & basic math skills
• Able to work with co-workers in all departments and autonomous
Education and Experience
• 1-2 years’ experience working in a high-volume paint department
• Experience and knowledgeable of home improvement industry
• Extensive knowledge of paint specifications, tinting and vendors (Benjamin Moore preferred)
• Valid driver’s license and clean RMV record. May on occasion deliver to customer
• Professional sales personality, demeanor and appearance
• Regularly required to talk and hear through customer interactions
• Able to read fine print on product labels
• Noise level for the work environment is quiet to noisy
• Occasionally exposed to outside
• Be able to lift 45-75 lbs for stocking shelves
• Occasionally required to stoop, bend, kneel or crouch while working while working with machinery or product