The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to both the CEO and Vice President of Development. The position requires professional written and oral communication, consistent attention to details, and ability to multitask.
- Coordinate meeting schedules of CEO and VP of Development including assessing availability of attendees, sending out invitation requests, ensuring accuracy of schedule and timely confirmation with attendees.
- Support preparation for meetings and presentations including assembling information packets, assisting in preparing and distributing agendas, ordering refreshments, ensuring delivery, set up and cleaning up, preparing name tags, organizing and setting up presentation equipment and supplies, collecting attendance, and assisting as requested in sending out follow up correspondence.
- Assist CEO and VP of Development in fielding and prioritizing calls, requests, and ensuring inquiries are redirected to the appropriate staff person for follow up.
- Maintain designated files as requested including filing paper documents, electronic files, scanning data for filing, and file clean up.
- Assist in organizing information provided by the CEO or VP of Development and turning it into Word documents or Excel spreadsheets as requested.
- Provide support to CEO in carrying out administrative tasks related to the Board of Directors including managing board member contact information and lists, scheduling meetings, sending meeting notices and essential correspondence, ensuring completion of all new Board member paperwork and setup of new Board members on SharePoint, maintaining Board files and updating the Board handbook as requested.
- Maintain necessary inventory of organizational marketing materials including brochures and reports and submit printing requests when inventory runs low.
- Support the selection and purchase of equipment and supplies as requested by researching options and making recommendations.
- Support fundraising events including but not limited to assisting with registration and other on-site administrative tasks, transport, set up, and take down of supplies and equipment.
- Assist in preparing mailings including stuffing and sealing envelopes.
- Assist in organizing and submitting receipts and expense reimbursements.
- Book travel and transport
Attend all staff meetings and trainings, and participate in organization committees as requested.
Pursue opportunities for professional development.Understand and adhere to all YWCA Evanston North Shore procedures and policies including those found in the Employee Handbook.
Other administrative support duties as assigned.
Technology: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Power Point, experience working with database preferred
Education: High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Non-Profit Management or Business desirable.
Experience and/or Training
- 2 years’ experience with similar professional responsibilities required, experience providing administrative support within a development/fundraising department ideal.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally communicate in person, by phone and email with diverse stakeholders.
Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver’s license required
Mental/Physical Demands & Environment:
- Intermittent travel for night and/or weekend meetings, events, or presentations
- Tolerance of prolonged and continuous stationary periods at a desk/computer
- Occasionally required to push, pull, lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Must be able to move about the facility
- Must be able to operate controls for computers and other equipment
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.