The next 10 years serves as a moment in time unlike any other for the sport of soccer in the United States. With the sport thriving and U.S. Soccer’s Senior, Youth and Extended National Teams achieving success on and off the field, and the FIFA World Cup on U.S. soil in 2026, there has never been a better time to join the soccer movement!
- This individual will be a key contributor on a team 100% focused on growth and retention of current U.S. Soccer partnerships including, but not limited to:
- Owning day-to-day relationships: lead U.S. Soccer’s relationships with a select number of strategic partners to maximize value; develop and implement creative and high-impact activations that help all parties achieve their goals, integration with our media partners to build and strengthen long-term strategic relationships.
- Establishing new platforms and opportunities: work collaboratively with U.S. Soccer colleagues across all departments to help create and implement sellable programming and identify ways that current partners can be authentically integrated to help accomplish their goals, and support U.S. Soccer’s bullish growth projections.
- Implementing Partner Engagement Strategy: develop and lead U.S. Soccer’s year-long hospitality and partner engagement strategy including all aspects of event planning, budgeting and on-site execution.
- Renewing existing relationships: lean on industry trends, deep category knowledge, evolving partner objectives and meaningful relationships to drive long-term partner extensions
- Securing new partners: assist business development initiatives and the growth of U.S. Soccer by reviewing proposals and developing innovative concepts that support partner objectives.
- SheBelieves Core Group Contributor: serve as an internal leader in all SheBelieves initiatives, U.S. Soccer’s platform to inspire and empower girls and young women; role will include concepting, planning and executing SheBelieves initiatives including a major professional development Summit, premier tournament (SheBelieves Cup), and other programs organized around career, confidence, and community.
Who We Are
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We are soccer stewards, uniting people through the global game and our collective goal to inspire, elevate communities and change lives in pursuit of a better future for soccer and our nation. Our core principles are: We Aim High, We Win Together and We Champion DEIB; our staff embody the values of Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork and Respect; and we’re seeking candidates that share our beliefs. We embrace a healthy work life balance, diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans.
Who You Are
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity as employees have the privilege of working with the top soccer players and commercial minds in the country. We’re looking for someone who is a difference maker, creative, accountable, loves working with and engaging with people and excited by the prospect of leveraging some of our country’s biggest soccer events to build and execute initiatives and tactics that grow the sport and showcase the United States’ best soccer players. Your work will directly support the ability to achieve our mission by providing resources and awareness to programs that develop world-class players, coaches, referees and National Teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of expertise
- 5-7 years of experience in strategic brand and partnership marketing with an emphasis on event execution and hospitality
- Able and willing to travel up to 35% of the time to all domestic U.S. Soccer controlled matches
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays
- Able and willing to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Pro-active, bias for action to provide great partner-specific value
- Market expertise in a space that is evolving and changing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent events through multi-tasking and managing priorities efficiently
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint and advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Experience with Adobe suite or a similar program is preferred
- A background in, and passion for, soccer, sports and entertainment is preferred
- Experience in sports marketing
- Desire to be part of a team
- ”Student of the Game” mentality and desire for continual growth
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses
- Multi-lingual a plus
Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Presents new ideas for partnerships and internal processes
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment