Want to join a winning team?
In the Quantic family, our Accounting and Finance teams are collaborative, innovative and are recognized as change agents, partnering with skilled professionals across the country to generate new, impactful ideas. We are proactive, evolving and highly respected in our industry. We are flexible, have fun, and foster professionalism. Our focus on providing exceptional customer support differentiates us from competitors.
ECI/Transcon, a member of the Quantic family of companies, is hiring a Business Unit Controller. Based in Westfield, MA this person owns accounting operations, to include production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of internal controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and to ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. They also serve as a key member of the management team, a go-to person for the General Manager and work closely with cross-functional leadership to execute business objectives.
The Business Unit Controller is expected to be proactive in managing the financial aspects of the business, which includes making recommendations. A major responsibility of this position is performing and managing the daily, weekly, and monthly financial activities that are required to produce the monthly financial statements for the company. This role will be fully accountable and responsible to generate accurate, timely, and complete financial information each month, including the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Budget to actual Variance Analysis, and other reports as required. Providing administrative and accounting leadership, guidance, and mentoring to staff is important to the overall success of this position. In addition, this person manages, coaches, and develops the accounting team.
- Leads and directs the day-to-day operations of the accounting function for the company to include accounting and financial reporting, bookings control, accounts payable, accounts receivable and budgetary control.
- Ensures compliance with corporate accounting policies.
- Manage the daily, weekly, and monthly reporting process.
- Monitor, manage, and report cash flow. Plan for and enable adequate cash flow to support company requirements.
- Responsible for the development and issuance of timely and complete financial statements and related operating metrics.
- Ensures that all financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet the objectives of the company and all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local tax requirements.
- Coordinates the provision of information to external auditors.
- Partners with the GM and other stakeholders to support the annual strategic planning process.
- Develops, implements, and maintains procedures to improve efficiency of company financial functions and the accuracy of financial reporting.
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, industry standards and current accounting standards.
- Appraises operating results in terms of cost, budgets, operating policies, trends and increased profit opportunities. Investigates and explains variances to senior management.
Other Aspects of the Position:
- Communicates department and company goals and objectives to associates
- Manages financial communications and presentations to senior management.
- Provides financial analyses as needed.
- Ability to work independently and to know when to ask for help in resolving specific financial issues. Must be able to work with all levels of the organization.
- Works with IT and business leaders to identify opportunities and to implement automation in the area of financial systems and processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
• Strong US GAAP knowledge
• 3-5 years as a Plant controller manufacturing Operations
• 5- 7 years’ experience in Accounting, Financial Analysis or reporting.
• 3 years’ experience in a management role
• Strong knowledge of cost accounting and inventory management.
• Manufacturing and Aerospace Industry experience considered a significant plus.