FAI - First Article Inspection
MDC Precision is a world leader in delivering high-quality products to the research, semiconductor, aerospace, life sciences, and food processing sectors.
Our customers rely on us to provide the precision components that are required for the operation at the atomic scale. We enable innovation by bringing our expertise in vacuum science, ultrapure and ultra-hygienic materials fabrication, and ceramic-to-metal sealing along with our design and manufacturing partnerships- all to enable science to change the world for the better.
Minimum Qualifications - First Article Inspection FAI
- Pass MDC General Mathematics Test with 80% or better
- Pass MDC GD&T Test (level 1) with 80% or better
- Secondary (high) school education or higher
- Positive attitude and strong work ethics
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret basic print requirements
- Ability to promote process improvement
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
- Ability to effectively present information to top management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to recognize and define measurement and test equipment (MT&E) such as calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, thread gauges, comparators, profilometers, protractors, scales, etc…
- Proficient in PC computer skills such as Words, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
Function & Responsibility
Responsible for supporting quality processes within the facility; which includes analyzing information, FAIR submission, and support of quality systems. Actively communicates both verbally and in writing any corrective actions or quality issues.
- Initiate Non-Conformance reports (Non-Conforming Report) as required
- Conduct, document, and report inspection findings and results and monitors corrective actions to inspection findings
- Read and interpret basic specifications and part prints
- Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions. Communicate with project engineers to ensure schematics are in compliance with the final product
- Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations
- Assist with receiving and disposition of all RMA’s (GRA) customer returns, including creating shop floor routers for repairs
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Quality Manager'