Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for developing and executing the capital project strategy for our food production facility in Turtle Lake, WI. The Engineering Manager will direct internal and external resources to assure projects are completed safely, within scope, on time and under budget. Furthermore, the Engineering Manager will support further efforts to increase capacity, reduce costs, bring new products to market, and ensure food and personnel safety.
Engineering Managers must also embody the PURIS core values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Reinforce and promote Safety, the company’s highest priority
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with applicable standards & regulations (OSHA, NFPA, etc.)
- Follow all PURIS safety and GMP standards throughout
- Use sound judgment to implement jobsite compliance and permitting programs; monitor contractor compliance with applicable regulations such as building codes, environmental laws, SWPPP, and health & safety programs
- Manage work against established project controls and timetables to ensure that all project team members complete their work on schedule and budget
- Develop and control the capital project strategy for the facility
- Conduct engineering studies to determine feasibility of proposed projects
- Oversee the execution of multiple capital projects at any given time
- Identify, investigate and employ measures to avert risks that negatively impact safety or a project’s scope, schedule and budget
- Standardize the project execution process to improve spending management and schedule accuracy
- Demonstrate a proactive and organized bid analysis that ensures highest quality and lowest cost
- Negotiate with contractors and suppliers on all issues affecting scope, schedule and budget
- Set and manage expectations with contractors; inspect work and cost allocation for acceptable work and materials
- Manage contract adherence and provide input on contractor selection
- Integrate construction efforts with the Plant Manager, COO, and others
- Conduct regular meetings with project teams, operations and leadership to communicate progress, set priorities and evaluate schedule adherence
- Monitor, control and report on actual expenditures against budget
- Responsible for team cohesiveness of internal and external team members to drive the strategic operations plan
- Effectively communicate and employ mechanisms for resolving conflicts among stakeholders
- Motivate, lead and boost morale of project teams
- Support project start-up team and troubleshoot issues when they arise. If required, work with vendor technicians to remediate issues
- Project evaluation for continuous improvement: identify, document and communicate lessons learned to the appropriate functions
- Form the capital project team’s structure to support the long-term objectives of PURIS, and develop existing team members and hire additional A-players to meet those needs
- Support other departments/functions as needed; actively lead and support company priorities
- 10+ Years of Capital Project Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial Engineering or Construction Management degree a plus
- Demonstrated ability to execute budgets, schedules and resources for engineering and construction efforts for assigned projects
- Ability to anticipate and mediate conflict; develop solutions to satisfy mutual agreement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%) to support other locations as needed
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- Must hold a current driver’s license
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP