JOB SUMMARY: The Housekeeping Assistant is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and organization at Seabury Woods.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Make beds in resident apartments.
• Empty trash cans in resident apartments.
• Be supportive of residents by offering direction and conversation
• Assist residents with problem solving, as appropriate.
• Respond to resident emergencies by informing appropriate staff.
• Attend departmental in-services, staff meetings and required facility in-services.
• Wear departmental uniform on a daily basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to give and receive both written and oral directions. May be required to lift, push, pull and/or move equipment, supplies, etc. in excess of 50 pounds throughout the workday. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: A High School diploma or equivalent education preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Six months’ environmental services experience preferred, preferably in a health care setting.