We are committed to supporting at risk children and families by providing them with tools and resources to help prevent children from experiencing child abuse, neglect and abandonment. We are a Christian agency that believes in living our mission: “to provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.”
In response to this community-wide challenge, Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS), provides 14 programs and services in 28 locations in Texas, Missouri and Louisiana. In all of our programs, we seek to provide children with permanent homes and adults with increased self-sufficiency. This is accomplished by the agency’s commitment to “The PCHAS Way” which inspires the agency to be strength-focused, family-centered, and goal driven with every client.
Benefits of serving children and families in need through PCHAS include competitive salaries, flex work schedules, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance options, voluntary life insurance options, paid holidays, and a very generous retirement plan (after one year of service and working 1,000 hours the agency matches an employee’s contribution).
Working Conditions: The Home Development Coordinator works from an office in the assigned Foster Care and Adoption office. Will sometimes work remotely. Travel locally and at times out of town overnight is required. High stress situations may occur at times.
Position Summary: The Home Development Coordinator is responsible for organizing and implementing a recruitment and verification process for Foster/Adoptive and Kinship families; Promotes Foster Care and Adoption to the community.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates the development and implementation of recruitment, training and retention of Foster/Adoptive and Kinship families. Ensures training and certifications are complete
- Works closely with the Foster and Adoption Recruitment Guide
- Responsible for all phases of the verification process including maintenance of files and documenting in the PCHAS data management system.
- Monitors prospective foster and adoptive families for compliance with PCHAS policies, COA policies, SSCC policies, TDFPS Minimum Standards and TDFPS contract requirements
- Oversees, coordinates and leads in providing or making arrangements for training of potential and active foster/adoptive parents, before and after verification.
- Facilitates and coordinates the family assessment process for all families.
Minimum of Master Degree in Social Work (LMSW or LCSW) or related field, with 3 years of experience in Child Placement is preferred OR Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (LBSW) or related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience is required.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.