IronRod Health is a specialized cardiac device service provider, purpose-built for this new environment. We manage and integrate all aspects of device service, including patient education, in-clinic device checks, emergency service, remote monitoring, clinical reporting, billing and more. Our unique, local service model drives better care, greater efficiency and superior financial results for cardiology and EP practices, surgery centers, hospitals and device manufacturers nationwide.
We are looking for great people to join our fast-growing national service network. In the past, clinical service was frequently under-appreciated… no longer. We believe that top-notch clinical service is the key to delivering great results and building a great career. If you think you have what it takes, please call us – we want to hear from you!
Device Specialist Responsibilities:
· Daily review and documentation of remote transmissions
· Interrogate, interpret, and re-program cardiac devices with supervision
· Troubleshoot critical device issues and take immediate steps towards resolution
· Familiar in the use of Abbott/St Jude, Medtronic, Boston Scientific, Biotronik and ELA/MicroPort programmers
· Management of remote device checks, alerts and patient enrollment, equipment requests utilizing Merlin, Latitude, Carelink and Biotronik websites
· Responsible for remaining current on knowledge of implantable ICD’s, pacemakers, loop recorders and CRT/ICM devices for multiple manufacturers
· Review, document and summarize all acquired device information that will be sent to provider for review
· Educate patients on all aspects of their device including remote monitoring and follow-up protocol
· Support Device coverage for all IRH clients that may include travel within the US, by both ground and air
· Support the needs of the business that may require support to another department
· Occasional after-hours functions that require mandatory attendance
- Minimum of one-year experience analyzing and reprogramming cardiac pacemaker and AICD’s or current Cardiac Device Technology Certificate from a recognized device training school
- EKG knowledge
- Experience reviewing and managing remote device transmissions (Carelink, Latitude, and Merlin and Biotronik)
- Experience performing and interpreting new and follow-up device checks including, pacemakers, ICDs and CRT devices
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with physicians regarding device status and accurately document device analysis in EMR
What we offer:
Competitive pay, ongoing training opportunities and significant career advancement potential.