About Central Bank Center
Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky is fast becoming THE must play venue. Lexington is an active and thriving market that is craving an active and welcoming venue for events. The heart of any thriving community is its downtown—and Lexington Center and the historic Rupp Arena are truly the heart of downtown Lexington and one of the most widely-recognized entertainment venues in North America. The 20,000-seat arena, affectionately referred to by some as “the Cathedral of College Basketball” is home to the National Champion University of Kentucky men’s basketball program and has played host to some of the most talented and award-winning musicians/artists in the world including U2, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Justin Timberlake, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, and many others.
Central Bank Center is our convention side, with over 99k sf of exhibition space, 24k sf each of meeting and ball room space, 50k of hospitality space, 10k sf of flexible space, and over 2500 covered and uncovered parking spaces.
We are building an organization that serves our fans, community, and partners through world class entertainment, sports, and events. We believe in being authentically Kentucky. This means staying true to what makes Kentucky, Kentucky by rolling up our sleeves to get things done, valuing hospitality and gathering together, being a pillar in our community, teamwork over the individual, celebrating our wins, taking risks, and stretching our potential. As part of Oak View Group 360, we embrace a positive disRUPPtion. OVG360 was built on the idea that we are all fans first, and our decisions and guest interactions are made through that lens.
The Sales Manager is responsible for assisting in the overall execution of the Central Bank Center’s sales initiatives with a designated market, including, but not limited to civic, social, agricultural, state associations and government groups. The Sales Manager will also work with the client on rates and terms of the contract and convey that information to all Departments. The Sales Manager should have strong verbal and written communications skills, the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, be self-governed and self-motivated, and possess a basic understanding of event sales, public relations, advertising and special event planning and execution. The Sales Manager is an intricate part of the sales team and is expected to recognize the value and benefits of teamwork. Open lines of communication within the team are vital to its success and that of the company. The Sales Manager should be active in the community and participate in community events.
Essential Job Functions: (including but not limited to):
· Performs related work as assigned by Director of Sales, VP Convention Sales & Operations and General Manager.
· Meets specified goals and objectives for venue usage by promoting the convention center to all potential clients; conducts venue tours; answers questions and provides information regarding venue services, policies and procedures; and assists clients in finalizing booking arrangements
· Primary sales contact for all groups within assigned market(s).
· Ability to exercise independent judgement to determine pricing for events using yield management techniques.
· Set appointments and make outside calls to potential clients.
· Make solicitation calls, assist with promotions and direct mail activities
· Researches, identifies and establishes the appropriateness of groups for the venue.
· Attend industry events and tradeshows as may be required.
· Prepare event contracts, sales folders, sales kits and correspondence to clients.
· Enter and maintain complete and accurate information into booking software.
· Participates in the development of newsletters and other marketing materials.
· Prepare reports, correspondence, memoranda, and agreements and forecast projections.
· Provide assistance and staff support to the Director of Sales.
· Serve as a liaison with industry representatives, the general public and other convention center departments and divisions.
· Prepare and deliver verbal presentations to groups of various sizes.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Analyzing competitors and target markets
· Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Advanced computer proficiency and Microsoft products knowledge, to include: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Training on industry software will be provided.
· Organized, and focused on customer service.
· Knowledgeable in the procedures, methods, and techniques of marketing and sales.
· Experience with event scheduling and booking procedures a plus.
· Accurate financial reporting.
· Strong management, sales, motivational & organizational skills
Oak View Group
Oak View Group/OVG360 is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada regarding the diminishing prevalence and severity of the virus, at this time, we have suspended our company-wide vaccination requirements for employees, sub-contractors, and vendors. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners. We continue to encourage all team members to get vaccinated and boosted to ensure their safety, and the safety of others.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Minimum 2-4 years of increasingly responsible experience in sales and/or marketing preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in sales, marketing or other related field strongly preferred
High school diploma or equivalent GED required
Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and select holidays as required, in addition to normal business hours
Possession of, or ability to obtain a current CPR certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license