SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
What you’ll do:
Under supervision of the Lead Administrative Assistant, this employee provides housekeeping, catering, reception, and back-office support for the smooth operations of the company. This position provides general administrative support to SERA staff and assists in special projects, miscellaneous errands (in and out of office), and on-call assistance as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Running + loading/unloading dishwasher throughout the day
- Brewing coffee
- Kitchen cleanliness and sanitation + organization
- Weekly inventory of kitchen supplies + ordering, distribution + organization
- Champion of kitchen recycling and composting programs
- Maintain Catering Calendar, Preferred Vendor List, and Dietary Restrictions List
- Order food, adhering to COVID Safety Policy and Sustainability Guidelines
- Set up catered meals, delegate catering tasks to admin when support is needed
- Champion special catered events
- Maintain SERA Laundry
- Conference room tidying after meetings, general tidiness + organization in common areas
- Load copiers/printers with paper daily, change toner as needed, report meter reads to service company as needed, troubleshoot copy/print paper jams and errors
- Sort one-sided recycled paper and make into SERA notebooks
- Weekly inventory of housekeeping supplies, distribution + organization
Misc. office tasks such as:
- Updating clocks for Daylight Savings and when in need of new battery
- Refill/clean nozzle on hand sanitizer and soap dispensers; recharge dispenser if rechargeable or change batteries to maintain operation
- Change lightbulbs if needed
- Learn to troubleshoot office A/V equipment in support of IT
- Other tasks to be added as required
- Misc. errands to be added as needed (supply/material pick-up, recycling drop-off, etc.)
- Covering reception breaks
- Admin backup/projects as assigned
Education, Experience, other Qualifications
- High School Diploma required.
- Preferred proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
What you'll bring:
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to perform a high degree of physical activity several hours every day including walking, lifting, and climbing several flights of stairs.
- Professional demeanor in person and over the phone.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work collectively with the administrative team associates.
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Flexible – can do attitude.
- Firm sense of responsibility.
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Availability to work early morning shifts.
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.