Since 1938, we at Ackermann Group have had a long history in real estate development and property management that has continued to grow and thrive in the Midwest region. Today, residential community ownership and management comprise the majority of our business with a focus on communities in dependable markets. Our corporate headquarters is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and we have invested in properties in Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis and Northern Kentucky.
We are seeking a detail oriented Construction Project Manager to join our GROWING team in managing both interior and exterior renovations of the company's portfolio by serving as the liaison between owners, contractors, vendors, community managers, maintenance teams, suppliers and Regional/Executive team members.
The ideal Construction Project Manager will be well versed in all construction methodologies and procedures, as well as possess analytical capabilities in ensuring assigned projects are completed to scope, on budget, and within an agreed-upon schedule.
- Inspect and evaluate properties being considered for value-add acquisition deals.
- Prepare scopes of work, budgets, and schedules that meet the target investment objectives
- Review existing scopes of planned projects, including any supporting documents, and make recommendations for value engineering
- Coordinate and schedule contractors, vendors, and associates at assigned projects
- Manage third party contractors during renovation process
- Create and manage punch lists for assigned projects
- Submit and obtain necessary permits, ensure code compliancy and adherence to legal, lender or insurance standards
- Inspect projects to verify work is being performed according to scope, schedule and budget; determine plan of correction if deficiencies exist.
- Effectively communicate project status to project team and ownership on a regular basis
- Work with accounting to review, code, and approve invoices
- Create and review construction draw requests
The ideal Construction Project Manager will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent; associate or college degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years’ construction experience required or relevant building maintenance experience may be considered.
- Multi-family residential construction/renovation experience preferred
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and Project Management Software
- Excellent communication, organizational, math and analytical skills are necessary
- Be decisive, flexible and work well under pressure when faced with unexpected situations or delays
- Attention to Detail and Persistence in follow up
- Understand and be able to draft construction contracts and scopes of work
- Ability to read architectural and engineering drawings and perform quantity take-offs
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work within and lead a team
- Experience with conceptual and final project scheduling and management of same
Benefits + Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account, disability insurance, paid time off and holidays, 401k with employer match
- Career coaching and development
- Company Engagement Events
- Dynamic, high energy working environment