Department: Student Life
Job Status: Graduate Assistant
Reports To: Director of Student Activities
Amount of Travel Required:
Work Schedule: 20 hours/week
Graduate Assistants act as helpers to their departments, students or professors in a research or administrative capacity. Their primary responsibilities include assisting with various administrative tasks, organizing campus events and conducting various research tasks.
For students intending to get an MBA:
GA positions require a two year commitment to the College. GA’s cannot complete the MBA program in less than two calendar years.
- You must first apply and be accepted into the MBA program in order to be selected for a Graduate Assistant position.
- You must receive a GA position before being enrolled in any MBA courses; once you have been enrolled in any MBA courses you are no longer eligible to receive a GA position.
- Lastly, individuals must remain in good-standing in the graduate program in order to continue in the GA position.
The Graduate Assistant for International Student Services will work up to 20 hours per week and report to the Director of Student Activities. The Graduate Assistant is involved in a variety of activities with international admission, orientation, programming, and student services. This position is best suited for graduate students who are interested in pursuing professional opportunities in the field of higher education/student affairs or in international/multicultural education.
- Assist with the development and implementation of programs and activities for welcoming and integrating international students in the campus community
- Coordinating new international student orientation - IROC
- Overseeing the International Student Ambassador Program
- Organizing and planning International Student programming and events
- Holding office hours for international students
- Collaborates with other campus departments/offices to provide support for international students
- Updating the International Student Handbook
- Perform tasks necessary to maintain smooth office operations, forms and procedures, and the daily workflow.
- Bachelor Degree Required
- Must be fully admitted to a Master’s program at Benedictine College
- Second language preferred, not required
- Experience working with international students in higher education setting or study abroad experience
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- Creativity, high energy, strong work ethic, and professionalism.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in related field of study.
- * Must be accepted into a Benedictine College graduate program
This position is best suited for graduate students who are interested in pursuing professional opportunities in the field of higher education/student affairs or in international/multicultural education.
- Full tuition waiver (books and fees not included) with completion and approval of Tuition Benefit Form each semester.
Handling / Fingering C
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
Push / Pull
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs F
26-40 lbs O
41-100 lbs N
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)