The Junior Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of essential accounting duties in support of the team. Researches and analyzes accounts and may contribute to the preparation of the Bank’s financial statements.
- Accounts Payable: Responsible for timely and accurate processing of all the Bank’s payments and expenditures and maintaining historical records. Maintains and balances records by inputting data, scheduling payments, and verifying data. Prepares payments by accruing expenses, requesting disbursements, and reconciling accounts. May assist the team in resolving discrepancies and documentation. May prepare analysis of accounts and produce monthly reports.
- General Ledger Entries & Reconciliations: Prepares general ledger entries, maintains records and reconciles accounts. Responsible for daily, monthly, and Quarterly account reconciliations and entries. Identifies, investigates, and resolves any reconciliation discrepancies by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances. Performs reconciliation of the balance sheet and income statement in a timely manner in order to close out the Bank’s books.
- Budgeting Process: Assists with the annual budgeting process. Supports Accounting, Finance, management, and teams from across the organization by contributing to the design and preparation of annual budgets.
- Collaboration: Develops relationships within and across teams to ensure accurate and timely approval and payment processing for invoices. Identifies and collaboratively acts on opportunities to improve the Bank’s payment process to deliver a defect free, timely and caring experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, G.S.D (Get Stuff Done), One Team, and Give Generously
- Demonstrate commitment to defect free, timely and caring client service
- Demonstrate a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; strong technical ability
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Possess the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Demonstrate a collaborative work style and respect for others
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree from College or University or 1-3 years of experience in accounting or related position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Local travel may be required.
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tradition Capital Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, and related disabilities; marital status; status with regard to public assistance; disability; genetic information; sexual orientation, off duty usage of lawful products; familial status; status as a patient enrolled in the marijuana registry program; membership or activity in a local commission; citizenship status; uniform servicemember status; and age; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.