Interplan is a commercial architectural firm located in Oakbrook Terrace, IL specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. Interplan was founded over fifty years ago and has offices in Oakbrook Terrace, Orlando, Fort Worth and Philadelphia. We are looking to grow our full-time staff in our Oakbrook Terrace office and we are seeking a full-time Architectural Project Coordinator. This candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in Architecture and two (2) plus years of experience in an architectural office. This team member assists with coordination of all aspects of assigned projects: develops creative design concepts and solves design problems for projects, prepares presentations, and designs drawings and details. Experience with and the ability to travel and conduct site visits a PLUS.
· Produces architectural construction documents.
· Runs a small project or series of small projects with minimal oversight from a Project Architect or Project Manager.
· Solves basic design issues and produces architectural construction documents and specifications.
· Completes designated scope of work within allotted time budgeted.
· Delegates, reviews and accepts responsibility for work of CAD Technicians.
· Assists with coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
· Researches and applies codes, limited interaction with code enforcement agencies.
· Takes initiative to learn new architectural skills.
· Coordinates with engineering disciplines, including running a kick-off meeting.
· Received and assimilates project information from the Project Architect/ Manager and the client.
· Works with the Project Architect/ Manager to provide the appropriate level of customer service.
· Paid vacation, 401K, health insurance
· Full time position and compensation is based on experience
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS:
· Strong skills with AutoCad and/or Revit, MS office, and Adobe Suites
· Good understanding of zoning and building codes
· Good understanding of the architects’ scope of services
· Ability to effectively communicate with municipal officials, clients and contractors
KEY PERSONAL TRAITS:
· Effective written and oral communicator
· Team oriented
· Accountability mindset for self and team
· Highly organized
· Ability to see tasks through completion