Teall Capital Partners is looking for an experienced Human Resources professional to fill the role of Vice President of Employee Operations. This position will be responsible for originating and leading the Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture. Directly responsible for the smooth and beneficial operation of the company's human resources department and overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource functions.
- Partners with the Director of Talent Acquisition on creating all employment letters for potential team members (i.e., employees and independent contractors). Works with position supervisor on details, including but not limited to compensation, to include analysis of industry standards, job requirements, experience, and job level; title; employment terms; benefits; paid-time-off; employee classification (i.e., employee vs. independent contractor).
- Oversees the development and maintenance and management of a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs. Assists with the maintenance and management all employee personnel information in said system and is responsible for ensuring timely updates with personnel information changes.
- Manages the employee performance review process. Responsible for writing fair, equitable and measurable performance evaluations for all companies and all positions. Sends notifications to all supervisors when employee performance reviews are due. Ensures timely completion of all reviews. Ensures proper compliance is followed. Maintains completed documentation of all reviews. Conducts yearly evaluation of documents used and the process in which reviews are performed and makes suggested edits to ensure company objectives are being met and that the feedback process is effective, productive, and efficient for all team members.
- Responsible for the development and timely updating of the company’s policies and procedures. Makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters and communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Oversees employee departures. Coordinates and conducts exit interviews. Confirms and ensures personal information is accurately recorded in HRIS - home address, personal email, personal cell phone number
- Assists the management of the company’s benefit plans including but not limited to: assists with the insurance bid process with company’s third-party administrator and insurance providers for all applicable policies - Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Life insurance
- Assists with the creation, management, and on-going analysis of the company’s 401(k) Retirement plan. Provides strategic changes that need to be considered for each plan. Assists with filtering and managing all team member issues that may arise with benefit providers.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, on personnel matters.
- Works directly with department managers in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters. Ensures all promotions and salary increases are timely, accurate and in line with industry standards as well as goals and objectives of position. Manages a course correction plan if team members are not performing at the level of job requirements, not adhering to company stated policies and values, or negatively impacting the company’s culture and day-to-day work environment.
- Recommends, evaluates, and participates in staff development for the organization.
- Supports and is responsible to serve as back-up for all Payroll functions: processes new team members through Paylocity payroll system once on-boarding process is complete; maintains all documentation on payroll changes including but not limited to salary adjustments, benefit enrollments and/or updates, H.S.A. enrollments and/or updates, employee banking account updates, cell phone reimbursements.
- Processes payroll according to company payroll policies on an as-needed basis and provides cash requirements to individual company finance contacts prior to processing payroll, and provides payroll journal to the applicable individuals to review for accuracy before payroll is processed each week.
- Works to foster positive employee relations and teamwork by following and supporting the organization’s policies and procedures, communicating effectively with all operating units, complying with all federal, state, and local regulations, laws, and ordinances in discharging duties, assisting in the internal training and development programs of the organization, and embodying the values of the company and contribute to the special culture with energy and commitment to our shared success.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What makes you a good candidate?
- Five or more years of HR experience
- Bachelors' degree
- Effective problem-solving abilities and the ability to work independently and as a team -- be a self-starter and collaborative depending on needs
- Strong organization, communication, follow up and interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail
- Experienced in managing numerous projects at once within a fast-paced environment; time management is key
- High level of initiative, specifically in the areas of company growth and process improvement
- Must demonstrate a high level of integrity, character, honesty and commitment to excellence
- Strong desire to learn and grow within the company
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Teall Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and successfully pass a criminal background check.