Trellance is the leading provider of data, analytics, and business intelligence solutions to financial institutions. Organizations use its technology and consulting services to meet the consumer finance expectations of today’s digital world, one that is increasingly driven by artificial intelligence and machine learning. The company’s patented enterprise data platform, Trellance M360, is the enabling engine behind digital transformation and member experience. Trellance was founded in 1989, and its Tampa headquarters features a modern office space with panoramic water and city views, covered parking, onsite car detailing, and a café. The company offers attractive compensation; medical, dental, and vision benefits; 401k with matching plus profit-sharing; and many more tools and resources.
Overall responsibility: The Data Analyst works closely with the business and technical teams to build source system data connectors that extract, transform, and load data at a credit union into the Data Model. The Data Analyst is a major contributor to the requirement specification deliverable, writing the functional requirements and outlining Source-to-Target mappings. An ideal DA understands development processes (SDLC), is very analytical, is highly organized, and possesses problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues in a matrix organization.
· Responsible for source to target data mapping specification creation and maintenance (i.e. data lineage)
· Serve as liaison between IT and the business to lead the data gathering requirements, data mapping.
· Write Business Requirement Document (BRD) for complex projects, including the definition, scope, objectives, and defining the approach. Ensure IT understanding of requested modifications of complex projects, and the accuracy of their technical specification documents.
· Work closely with the Development and Testing Teams on complex system changes.
· Work with end users and data governance to build and maintain the terms and definitions for business information to be stored within the Data Dictionary.
· Perform feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the project management team to prioritizes deliverables and negotiate scope of product functionalities.
· Provide support to development, implementation and production teams.
· Partner with development and analytic teams to provide reporting on software solutions.
· Participate in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and functionality testing.
· Follows company processes and participates in continuous improvement of those processes.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field.
- 3+ years of experience working as a Functional, Data or Business Analyst
- 3+ years’ experience in Access, Excel (Advanced), Visio, and MS Project
- 3+ years of customer interfacing experience – project oversight, customer presentation.
- 3+ years of SQL Server knowledge and experience – Tables, Views, stored procedures.
- In depth knowledge of financial institutions and financial data, preferably Credit Union/Bank related
- Candidate must have knowledge of data warehouse/BI solutions
- Experience working with any of the following platforms: Episys, Ultra Data, Keystone, XP2, DNA, New Solutions, Spectrum, Meridianlink, Mortgagebot, PSCU.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to translate business requirements into clear Technical specifications for the development team
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Experience with scripting languages such as R, Python.
Other Skills: · Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members and external partners.· Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.· Emotional maturity.· Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response· Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment· Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.Strong organizational skills; attentive to details and accuracy.