About Central Bank Center
Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky is fast becoming THE must play venue. Lexington is an active and thriving market that is craving an active and welcoming venue for events. The heart of any thriving community is its downtown—and Lexington Center and the historic Rupp Arena are truly the heart of downtown Lexington and one of the most widely-recognized entertainment venues in North America. The 20,000-seat arena, affectionately referred to by some as “the Cathedral of College Basketball” is home to the National Champion University of Kentucky men’s basketball program and has played host to some of the most talented and award-winning musicians/artists in the world including U2, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Justin Timberlake, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, and many others.
Central Bank Center is our convention side, with over 99k sf of exhibition space, 24k sf each of meeting and ball room space, 50k of hospitality space, 10k sf of flexible space, and over 2500 covered and uncovered parking spaces.
We are building an organization that serves our fans, community, and partners through world class entertainment, sports, and events. We believe in being authentically Kentucky. This means staying true to what makes Kentucky, Kentucky by rolling up our sleeves to get things done, valuing hospitality and gathering together, being a pillar in our community, teamwork over the individual, celebrating our wins, taking risks, and stretching our potential. As part of Oak View Group 360, we embrace a positive disRUPPtion. OVG360 was built on the idea that we are all fans first, and our decisions and guest interactions are made through that lens.
Do you want to supplement your education with actual hands-on experience in an environment where you will face new challenges every day? Our multi-venue event complex is looking for new student interns who actively want to help drive improvements and assist our business by providing support to develop the tools to deploy against the challenges we face. Every day offers new, exciting challenges. Some days you might be expected to perform clerical work, while at other times you will have a chance to support events behind the scenes to see what really goes into those concerts or activities you have read about, or possibly attended. Apply to be an intern today and potentially earn school credit (depending on major, and university requirements and allowance for intern credit).
- Learn the ropes of managing a premiere Performing Arts Theatre in the midst of a hectic and exciting production schedule. The intern hired for this position should expect to be involved in all aspects of Theatre Management. The benefits to the intern are both exciting and educational, and include working with a great team of entertainment enthusiasts who care deeply about presenting quality work; learning about theater management; helping to present outstanding performances at the historic Lexington Opera House.
- This position serves as assistant to the Director of Performing Arts at the Lexington Center Corporation. A successful Intern should be able to handle a wide range of projects and should be willing to commit at least 12, and up to 20 hours per week, but with a flexible schedule. With mutual agreement, the intern may work during normal business hours at the offices at Lexington Center, as well as certain event hours at the theatre in the evenings or on weekends
- Production Assistance – strong creative and operational skills
- Event Assistance – assist with programs, projects, events and duties as assigned
- Administrative Duties – create and assemble materials, record keeping and analysis
Job Skills or Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Student in Theatre/Performing Arts
- Detail oriented and focused, needs to be able to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.