About Central Bank Center
Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky is fast becoming THE must play venue. Lexington is an active and thriving market that is craving an active and welcoming venue for events. The heart of any thriving community is its downtown—and Lexington Center and the historic Rupp Arena are truly the heart of downtown Lexington and one of the most widely-recognized entertainment venues in North America. The 20,000-seat arena, affectionately referred to by some as “the Cathedral of College Basketball” is home to the National Champion University of Kentucky men’s basketball program and has played host to some of the most talented and award-winning musicians/artists in the world including U2, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Justin Timberlake, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, and many others.
Central Bank Center is our convention side, with over 99k sf of exhibition space, 24k sf each of meeting and ball room space, 50k of hospitality space, 10k sf of flexible space, and over 2500 covered and uncovered parking spaces.
We are building an organization that serves our fans, community, and partners through world class entertainment, sports, and events. We believe in being authentically Kentucky. This means staying true to what makes Kentucky, Kentucky by rolling up our sleeves to get things done, valuing hospitality and gathering together, being a pillar in our community, teamwork over the individual, celebrating our wins, taking risks, and stretching our potential. As part of Oak View Group 360, we embrace a positive disRUPPtion. OVG360 was built on the idea that we are all fans first, and our decisions and guest interactions are made through that lens.
Do you want to supplement your education with actual hands-on experience in an environment where you will face new challenges every day? Our multi-venue event complex is looking for new student interns who actively want to help drive improvements and assist our business by providing support to develop the tools to deploy against the challenges we face. Every day offers new, exciting challenges. Some days you might be expected to perform clerical work, while at other times you will have a chance to support events behind the scenes to see what really goes into those concerts or activities you have read about, or possibly attended. Apply to be an intern today and potentially earn school credit (depending on major, and university requirements and allowance for intern credit).
- Work alongside Technical Coordinators in the planning, advancing, and execution of technical requirements for upcoming and current shows and events.
- Assist department with any required tasks, including moving and setting up equipment in various locations within the complex in preparation for upcoming or current shows and events.
- Assist Technical Coordinators in installation, operation, and maintenance of theatrical systems such as lighting rigs, PA systems, complex video IMAG systems, entertainment and theatrical rigging as well as some building systems such as scoreboards, electronics message displays, security key control, etc.
- Assist in permanent installations of technical equipment around the complex.
- Maintain a presence in meetings and team activities regarding upcoming events and always see if there is something you can do, learn or drive
- Write up reports based on your experiences at the facility and offer recommendations about what you would change about our operation’s intern program
- Be willing to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
- Currently pursuing a degree in technical theater or related field
- Willing to commit to the intern position for four months, with the possibility of a longer internship available
- Willing to learn and get hands-on experience
- Able to commit at least 12 hours a week to be physically present at the facility
- Requires a full range of body motions including seeing and hearing to normal range
- Requires routine standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing, and visually checking work assignments in progress and those that have been completed.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Occasionally must lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must periodically climb to extremely elevated and high locations within the building complex
- Ability to manage time effectively to obtain the end results to work as part of a team.
- Able to coordinate and handle several tasks concurrently.
- Flexibility to work staggered shifts and irregular hours.
- Ability to utilize hand tools.
- A knowledge of electronic testing equipment and tools used in the trade.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.