Grounds/Maintenance Technician $20 - $24 per hour
Community Association Manager/Maintenance Manager
The Grounds/Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring the overall physical aspects of the community meet the established standards for safety, appearance, and operation within the budgeted financial goals.
Continually inspect property for improvements, immediately report any deficiencies to the Community Association Manager or Maintenance Manager.
Perform light electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs; touch up paint and ensure property is well cared for.
Manage complicated maintenance projects through the Community Association Manager and/or Maintenance Manager.
Maintain cleanliness of common area amenities, including party room, library, laundry rooms and pool area.
Oversee cleaning service to ensure thorough cleaning; performs daily custodial work as needed.
Order, receive and maintain all supplies for the cleanliness and maintenance of the building.
- Perform groundskeeping and building maintenance duties
- Perform, maintain and repair all common elements throughout building exteriors and interiors.
- Receive and maintain all supplies necessary for work orders to be completed in a timely manner.
- Pick up and remove trash/moves dumpsters as needed for pick-ups.
- Remove weeds and trash (including animal waste) from common element rock and flowerbeds around the buildings as necessary.
- Respond to all emergency maintenance calls immediately during scheduled working hours.
- Respond to after hour’s calls from the Building Engineer and Community Association Manager when assistance is needed in resolving emergencies.
- Report observed covenant violations to the Community Association Manager for enforcement and monitor adherence to community standards.
Grounds/Maintenance Technician Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Qualifications:
- Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company; Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance.
- Knowledge of safety precautions
- Knowledge of basic electrical repair and replacement
- Knowledge of HVAC trouble shooting
- Knowledge of general facilities maintenance and repair
- Skill in attention to detail, problem solving, and decision making
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Ability to be work a flexible schedule in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to build strong working relationships with team members
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two to three years of previous experience in HOA, Apartment/Multi-Family Maintenance preferred
- Two or more years of experience in electrical, plumbing, painting and maintenance preferred
- HVAC certification preferred
Maintain knowledge of basic electrical repair and replacement, HVAC trouble shooting, controls, plumbing, lighting and general facilities maintenance and repair.
Provide excellent customer service at all times.
Respectful and responsive to home owners and resident inquiries and concerns.
Complete all work in a timely manner with a high degree of quality.
Identify and utilize resources available and work in a team environment.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to extreme weather conditions. The work environment is also subject to loud noises and vibration due to equipment. May be required to wear a uniform.
Grounds/Maintenance Technician physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have to constantly engage in different types of movement, such as; climbing, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. This position may require occasional lifting of light to medium weight objects.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 303-980-0700 and ask to speak with Human Resources.