The American Swedish Institute is looking for part-time Maintenance Custodians.
Scheduled 15-20 hours a week.
Day Shift rate: $17.00.1/hour
Late night shift rate: $22.58
As a Maintenance Custodian at ASI you will be responsible for performing general building maintenance and cleaning duties ensuring that our facilities are always clean and safe for the visiting public at ASI. You will assist with on-going maintenance of the Nelson Cultural Center, Carriage House and Turnblad Mansion to keep our building sparkling clean and help with building set-up for ASI's busy calendar of events. Our ideal candidate will be able to work some evenings and weekend shifts to assist with rental events and special programs.
As an integral team member of the Facilities Team you will do the following:
- Uphold ASI’s standard of cleanliness by cleaning the Nelson Cultural Center, the Mansion and Carriage House using a checklist and following specific cleaning procedures.
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning of ASI facilities including, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming, dusting, glass cleaning and trash/recycling removal.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with co-workers, supervisors, members, and visitors of ASI.
- Responsible for closing and arming the building each night after work shift.
- Prepare set-up for ASI events, meetings and programs as outlined by set-up requirements.
- Refill all soap dispensers, hand sanitizer stations daily as needed.
- Assist with lawn and grounds maintenance between professional services (intermittent weeding, snow blowing, and shoveling sidewalk if necessary).
- Maintain facilities equipment for optimum performance, if qualified and able make minor repairs when possible. Report any equipment repairs to the Facilities Manager.
- Alert Facilities Manager or Facilities Supervisor to low inventory of cleaning supplies for cleaning and guest supplies such as toilet paper, paper towels, soap for re-order and out of order bathroom fixtures.
- Assist in covering special events and other Maintenance Custodians time off by working either opening or late-night closing shifts as requested by the Custodial and Events Set-Up Supervisor performing different tasks.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
This role might be for you if you have:
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 2+ years of similar experience.
- Ability to accept supervision and work with a team.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and manage multiple tasks on deadline.
- Ability to use reasonable judgment when performing and planning to perform tasks.
- Working knowledge of recycling and waste reduction practices.
- Punctual, reliable, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to stand and do manual work for long periods of time for 6-8 hour shifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Candidates should provide their availability and schedule preferences.