The American Swedish Institute is looking for part-time Maintenance Custodians.
Scheduled 15-20 hours a week.
Day Shift rate: $16.12/hour
Late night shift rate: $21.60
The Maintenance Custodian is responsible for performing general building maintenance duties ensuring that facilities are always clean and safe for the visiting public at ASI. This position requires the individual to assist with on-going maintenance of the Nelson Cultural Center, Carriage House and Turnblad Mansion. Our ideal candidate will be able to work some evenings and weekend shifts to assist with rental events and special programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Uphold ASI’s standard of cleanliness by cleaning the Nelson Cultural Center, the Mansion and Carriage House.
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning of ASI facilities including, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming, dusting, glass cleaning and trash/recycling removal.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with co-workers, supervisors, members, and visitors of ASI.
- Responsible for closing and arming the building each night after work shift.
- Prepare set-up for ASI events, meetings and programs as outlined by set-up requirements.
- Refill all soap dispensers, hand sanitizer stations daily as needed.
- Assist with lawn and grounds maintenance between professional services (intermittent weeding, snow blowing, and shoveling sidewalk if necessary).
- Maintain facilities equipment for optimum performance, if qualified and able make minor repairs when possible. Report any equipment repairs to the Facilities Manager.
- Alert Facilities Manager to low inventory of cleaning supplies for cleaning and guest supplies such as toilet paper, paper towels, soap for re-order and out of order bathroom fixtures.
- Assist in covering special events and other Facility Tech’s time off by working either opening or late-night closing shifts as requested by the Facilities Manager performing different tasks.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 2+ years of similar experience.
- Ability to accept supervision and work with a team of co-workers.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and manage multiple tasks on deadline.
- Ability to use reasonable judgment when performing and planning to perform tasks.
- Working knowledge of recycling and waste reduction practices, cleaning methods
- Must be punctual, reliable, strong work ethic.
- Ability to stand and do manual work for long periods of time for 6-8 hour shifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is ofent required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Candidates should provide their availability and schedule preferences.