SUMMARY: The Summer Swim Team Head Coach is responsible for the operation of the Four Seasons Stingrays Swim Team.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- SMILE and provide a positive environment for all members, staff, and guests.
- Lead, motivate and supervise all Assistant Coaches.
- Promote a team culture in which summers exhibit team spirit and sportsmanship, are passionate about swimming, excited to come to practice each day, and thrive on competition.
- Actively coach one or more practice age groups.
- Provide swimmers with real-time feedback during meets on their performance.
- Manage administrative aspects including but not limited to: pre-season planning, practice schedules, meet entry and seeding, meet set-up and parent communication.
- Coordinate, assign, and communicate with parents volunteers for home swim meets and team social events.
- Attends communication meetings with the Aquatics Manager and Assistant Swim Coaches.
- Develops positive, team-oriented relationships and communication with other aquatic staff to provide a high level of service to members.
- Provide coach performance feedback at the mid-point and end of the season, or as needed.
- Report on swim team program strengths, weaknesses and recommendations.
- Attend Twin City Swim Conference pre-& post-season coach meetings.
- Current CPR/AED certification is required or ability to obtain upon employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. (Older high school students may be considered on an individual basis)
- Previous coaching experience and strong knowledge of competitive swimming and training.
- Enthusiasm for coaching children at all levels of youth swimming.
- Strong organizational, administrative and decision making skills.
- Experience with Meet/Team Manager software preferred.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with the policies, practices and procedures of the facility.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Personally represents a lifestyle of health and fitness physically and emotionally, within one's individual capabilities.
- Able to communicate with staff, members, and others in person, by telephone, and in writing.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the facilities including the second floor and basement.
Functions regularly within exercise, recreation, and office settings, using cleaning and maintenance equipment. Is regularly exposed to smells of swimming pools, exercise areas, chemicals and other cleaning supplies. Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures. Frequently works varying hours and days.