At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Children’s Museum has an opening for a Facilities Technician The Facilities Maintenance Technician’s primary role is to provide support for all departments and Museum activities including special events. This position reports to and supports the Director of Facilities through repairs and maintenance coordination and/or performance of tasks related to the facility, including: irrigation, mechanical equipment, vehicles, HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems and ordering of necessary supplies. This position conducts scheduled and reactive Museum maintenance duties, occasionally on an “on-call” basis.
Position Specifications: Full-time, 40 hours/week. Some evenings and weekends required.
Rate: $18.50/hour ($1/hour more for bilingual proficiency)
Benefits: A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage. Paid time-off for vacation, sick days and four holidays. 401(k) Retirement Plan with eligibility to contribute after a 3-month waiting period (must be 21 years of age). Employee Assistance Program, flexible spending account and short-term disability. Free parking, free family membership to the Museum, discount to the Museum Gift Shop and Café
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mechanical, safety and security inspections
- Drywall repair, painting interiors & exteriors
- Lighting inspection & replacement
- HVAC system monitoring, control adjustments and filter replacement
- Custodial coordination and support as necessary
- General landscaping, weeding, watering and tree trimming
- General repairs & maintenance
- Support of set-up and teardown for events and facility rentals as required
- Support the opening and closing procedures of the Museum and Joy Park
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Support and/or supervise volunteers as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
- At least 2 years experience in building and/or grounds maintenance, or general handyman work
- Basic working knowledge of electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems
- Drywall repair and painting experience
- Furniture assembly and installation
- Basic carpentry
- Experience with power tools and safety procedures
- Minor Irrigation repair and maintenance
- Concrete and light masonry work
- Valid Driver license and current auto insurance
- Spanish speaker is a plus
This position operates in busy indoor and outdoor environment where variable temperatures, crowds and moderate to very noisy sound levels are common. This position interacts with adults and children frequently, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers, as well as common cleaning supplies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please note: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or submission of a weekly negative COVID-19 test results is required. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered.
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.