Do you have the passion to join a group whose mission is to pioneer the discovery of a new class of medicines to treat diseases unaddressed by today’s therapies? Does it excite you to be a part of a company with a platform that can address any disease area with high unmet medical need? If yes, you may be a great fit to join Arrakis on our path to bring powerful new RNA-targeted small molecule (rSM) medicines to millions of patients.
Your Impact at Arrakis
The mission of Arrakis Therapeutics is to extend small molecule medicines into new realms of biology by discovering and developing compounds that selectively target RNA. By targeting distinct RNA structure: function relationships, Arrakis aims to generate drug candidates with novel mechanisms of action for molecular targets that are challenging to drug with other approaches, opening up vast new realms of human biology for medicine.
Cell-based assay development and compound profiling are critical to our mission. The Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist will make a major impact in the validation and execution of new cell-based assays for medium-high throughput screening. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced start-up environment, leveraging a high degree of problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to make an impact on our mission.
- Perform mammalian cell tissue culture to support cell-based assay development and compound screening
- Validate and implement cell-based assays (HTRF, MSD, Luciferase, HiBit) to assess effects of small molecule treatment on endogenous protein expression and cellular phenotypes
- Analyze and report data from 100-1000s of small molecule candidates on a routine basis and report progress to team
- Run automated tools to achieve highest possible throughput
- Presentations of ideas and results, including issues & possible solutions, at project team or company-wide meetings
- Routine use of an electronic laboratory notebook
- Work with Arrakis colleagues and leadership to ensure that project goals are met
- B.S. in Biology, Biomedical Sciences or related field with 1-4 years of experience or M.S. with 1-3 years of experience
- Laboratory experience is required
- Experience in the optimization and prosecution of in vitro cell-based assays; this will include experience in data handling and analysis
- Experience with high throughput screening, liquid handing equipment and instrumentation is a plus
- Ability to plan with supervision, execute independently and to thrive in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate methodologies and results with colleagues
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Proactive and efficient to enable high-quality results while ensuring optimal use of resources
- Fosters a positive and collaborative work environment across research functions
Interested in learning more about Arrakis? Click on the links below!
Arrakis/Amgen Partnership (Jan. 2022)
Arrakis/Roche Alliance Partnership (Apr. 2021)
Dark Matter Blog: Arrakis achieves escape velocity
Dark Matter Blog: Following our pole star
Arrakis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.