We are committed to supporting at risk children and families providing them with tools and resources to help prevent children from experiencing child abuse, neglect and abandonment. We are a Christian agency that believes in living our mission, we provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.
In response to this community-wide challenge, Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS), provides 14 programs and services in 28 locations, in Missouri, Texas, and Louisiana, which provide children with permanent homes and adults with increased self-sufficiency. This is accomplished by the agency’s commitment to “The PCHAS Way” which inspires the agency to be strength-focused, family-centered, and goal driven with every client.
Benefits of serving children and families in need through PCHAS include competitive salaries, flex work schedules, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance options, voluntary life insurance options, paid holidays, and a very generous retirement plan (after one year of service and working 1,000 hours the agency matches an employee 200% up to a 3% retirement contribution).
Working Conditions: Works in a typical office setting and from employee’s home, or other community location as established by flexible work agreement, to complete paperwork, documentation, and other indirect service tasks.
Position Summary: The Foster Care Case Manager (FCCM) is responsible for safety and services to children and families in foster care. Tasks include facilitating Family Support Team meetings, development of individualized care (treatment) plans, coordination of individualized services across all settings, coordination of providers working in the home, school, and community environment and documentation of support related activities and services. The Foster Care Case Manager promotes effective utilization of support services to achieve permanency for children and families.
Essential Job Functions
- Follows all contractual and agency policies, procedures, and seamless delivery of services to children and their families.
- Maintains a caseload of 12 to 15 children depending on program capacity and the needs of the agency. Caseload size may be temporarily increased due to a CM’s extended absence and/or position vacancy.
- Provide full case management services to children and their families in the MO foster and adoptive care system from the time of assignment until case closure or transfer.
- Documents all activities and maintain data entry in FACES (state online database system) and CSWIS (consortium online database system) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Has face-to-face contact with each assigned child and his/her family at least monthly (may require extensive travel based on the individual needs of the child and family). Has telephone contact with each child and family support provider regularly to review provider activities and to receive reports regarding case progress.
- Evaluate and factually report the impact of services to team members and judiciary; attend all court hearings; schedule, coordinate and facilitate FST meetings within prescribed time frames.
- Participates in FCCM consortium on-call schedule as EOC (employee on-call) for PCHAS on a rotating basis.
Possess a master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, education, criminal justice, or a related human services field. Minimum of one (1) years of relevant case management experience.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.